News Forum - Travellers will still have to wear face masks post-endemic phase in Thailand

Thaiger

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

So do you think they'll still come if they have to wear them on a beach?

I don’t think they will find out until they get here and when they get to the beach  they will see that there is no enforcement and carry on as normal.

Interestingly Emirates requires mask usage throughout the flight and during transit/check in so arriving in Thailand and having to wear masks won’t be a surprise to them. Unless there are big signs up at Suvarnabhumi saying “Masks to be worn at all times including on the beach” they might not ever find out that it’s a requirement.

Can anyone who lives at a beach resort tell us if tourists are actually wearing masks on the beach and if not are they being fined?

Edited by Stevejm
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Really, I often have the idea that you are just here to piss people off or something. I forgot his name but aren't you the same guy as a year ago but with a different profile? That dude was the same, just trying his best to go against others. 

I seriously don't get where and how you come up with rebelling and being on the edge as if I do it for the looks or anything. 

By the way, having a bad experience with teachers or something? 

But I'll try to keep it on topic instead of going after people personally if you don't mind. I just come with good arguments, but as usual, you rather make it personal because you have no way to get back to others. At least, I haven't seen any good argument or explanation from your side, only how others are wrong and demanding proof and data. 

Well, I'd still like proof of what you claimed the other day. Remember that time you posted that I supposedly said things and called me certain things, and I asked you to give a quote or anything proving that what you said was right? I still haven't got any. That says it all. 

What?

That was a very long post of nothing but word salad.

Really, I often have the idea that you are just here to piss people off or something. I forgot his name but aren't you the same guy as a year ago but with a different profile? That dude was the same, just trying his best to go against others.

Followed by.

Well, I'd still like proof of what you claimed the other day. Remember that time you posted that I supposedly said things and called me certain things, and I asked you to give a quote or anything proving that what you said was right? I still haven't got any. That says it all. 

So I said things and called you certain things and you asked for a quote about those things to prove the things and you have not seen the things. But the things are still there because the things are a thing?

Jesus Christ. They gave you a job teaching kids?

Nice deflection though.

So here is the crux of the matter. Does wearing a mask protect yourself and others?

A simple yes or no will do.

4 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I don’t think they will find out until they get here and when they get to the beach  they will see that there is no enforcement and carry on as normal.

Interestingly Emirates requires mask usage throughout the flight and during transit/check in so arriving in Thailand and having to wear masks won’t be a surprise to them. Unless there are big signs up at Suvarnabhumi saying “Masks to be worn at all times including on the beach” they might not ever find out that it’s a requirement.

Can anyone who lives at a beach resort tell us if tourists are actually wearing masks on the beach and if not are they being fined?

Fair enough

After a year of not wearing masks I doubt tourists will want to go to a place where you are told that you have to wear them but that's just my opinion 

I've had to wear a mask on flights recently but I believe that rule is changing soon also. 

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What?

That was a very long post of nothing but word salad.

Followed by.

So I said things and called you certain things and you asked for a quote about those things to prove the things and you have not seen the things. But the things are still there because the things are a thing?

Jesus Christ. They gave you a job teaching kids?

Nice deflection though.

So here is the crux of the matter. Does wearing a mask protect yourself and others?

A simple yes or no will do.

Hey, if anyone was going off topic about teachers or anything (completely no idea why) it's you. 

Again, you are just talking bs here and try to offend others. 

On 5/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Rookiescot said:

😂😂😂

Why would I give his site any traffic? He is a liar and a fool. 😂😂😂

No I am not in Bangkok. I dont want to breath diesel fumes all day. So you can still buy vitamins, round here you can still walk in the park. So just because in your tiny little part of the world is different to most other places it means you are the one spreading misinformation lol. 😂😂😂

But those cuckoo ideas are from you conspiracy theorists. 😂😂😂

Why are you so afraid of the truth?😂😂😂

If you believe the article is wrong then provide evidence as to why it is. 😂😂😂 

Forgot about your own post? I'd still love to hear from you, but you became conveniently quiet there after I had my questions about your post. 

You can check back at your own post there and see my reply. 

You have your questions about me being teacher, I have my questions about how you even have the possibility of getting a job with such attitude. 

7 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Hey, if anyone was going off topic about teachers or anything (completely no idea why) it's you. 

Again, you are just talking bs here and try to offend others. 

Forgot about your own post? I'd still love to hear from you, but you became conveniently quiet there after I had my questions about your post. 

You can check back at your own post there and see my reply. 

You have your questions about me being teacher, I have my questions about how you even have the possibility of getting a job with such attitude. 

Do masks give protection to yourself and others?

Yes or no?

2 hours ago, Stevejm said:

I don’t think most Europeans are going to look beyond the entry requirements when deciding where to go. There is no indication that tourists are being fined for non compliance in Thailand so why would tourists even worry about it? If they get here and find out that they need to wear a mask to enter a shop they will just comply and move on with their holiday. I think the mask issue is only a big deal for certain posters on this forum and has no relevance to tourists considering visiting Thailand.

I get your argument, but I totally disagree. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Do masks give protection to yourself and others?

Yes or no?

Nice way to avoid showing the proof. Don't accuse others from not doing so when you can't do it yourself. 

Can't say yes or no there as it's not that simple. Masks only give protection to others from you. It doesn't protect me from others when I wear one. 

The fact thay you only demand a yes/no answer here, only means how much deep conversations with you can go. 

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

I've had to wear a mask on flights recently but I believe that rule is changing soon also 

It seems to be airline specific. Requirements may change soon but how soon remains to be seen. I did suggest that visitors may not be affected by the mask mandate if it isn’t enforced on the beach. The only information on this that I have seen so far has come from @oldschoolerwho reports from Phuket that there is no enforcement so unless others based elsewhere can provide info to the contrary I would suggest that it is a non issue.

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

So do you think they'll still come if they have to wear them on a beach?

I know I wouldn't 

Shopping centres fair enough

By the time the high season comes round most Europeans wouldn't have worn a mask for a year so I don't think they'd be rushing to go to a place where its mandatory to wear them myself. 

In Thailand you'll get funny looks if you're not wearing one

In the UK you get funny looks if you are wearing one

I believe masks can be effective but I think they're just pointless outdoors

It might depend more on when the airlines drop the requirements. People who haven’t worn masks for a year will have to comply with the airline requirements. I don’t know what you classify as high season but I have been looking at booking flights to UK for next Xmas and they are very heavily booked already which is positive.

6 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Nice way to avoid showing the proof. Don't accuse others from not doing so when you can't do it yourself. 

Can't say yes or no there as it's not that simple. Masks only give protection to others from you. It doesn't protect me from others when I wear one. 

The fact thay you only demand a yes/no answer here, only means how much deep conversations with you can go. 

There are some studies now that suggest masks can help protect the wearer as well as other people

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johndrake/2022/02/04/the-real-world-effectiveness-of-face-masks-against-covid-19/?sh=4a33f91d0857

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Again. Deflection.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, HolyCowCm said:

As I posted above, I think it is all about making them money and keeping the minions whipped.

Exactly. People scuttling around in these daft muzzles are less likely to cause trouble. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Exactly. People scuttling around in these daft muzzles are less likely to cause trouble. 

Or more likely because of the anonymity masks provide? Just a thought🤔 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Why do you disagree? 

It's not even debateable. 

Where travellers have a choice of destination - destination Thailand requires mandatory mask wearing (which the traveller doesn't have to do in their home country or basically anywhere else they could choose to visit), of course it's going to put some potential travellers off from Thailand. 

Will it put off everyone, no, but it's certainly not doing anything positive for the economy or tourism. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 3:57 PM, Highlandman said:

You're completely downplaying the obvious - except on the islands you can't go anywhere without wearing a mask because Thais won't allow you. They're completely obsessed with mask wearing.

Outdoors - you can get away with not wearing one provided you're not in a crowded area.

As long as this muzzle wearing obsession persists, Thailand will not get back to normal.

Therefore you might want to look in the mirror - let's see if you can get into a mall or immigration office or public boat without a mask.

I've been in Thailand for 4 weeks now

All over the country

I've worn a mask approximately 10% of the times, if that 

People worrying about mask wearing are just worrying about a fantasy 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stevejm said:

I've been now to 3 different beaches

Hardly anyone wears a mask

Maybe some when they are walking

Walking in the streets, most tourists aren't wearing masks and I'd say 20% of Thais aren't wearing masks

And no one cares 

I walk into restaurants maskless

No one cares

The only time masks are expected and required are inside shops, buildings 

That's it..... 

• Thanks 1

CM is different as most all wear them. Outside is a little different but most still wear them in people places. Still some foreingers you see don't, but they are probably frowned hard at depending on where they are. Restaurants are a have on when walking in, take off for eating, put back on when finished and getting out. Everyone at the malls wears a mask. In my car I don't, when running I don't, but all other places I do. Not that I like it but I am not going to be singled out or get subjected to backlash from it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

CM is different as most all wear them. Outside is a little different but most still wear them in people places. Still some foreingers you see don't, but they are probably frowned hard at depending on where they are. Restaurants are a have on when walking in, take off for eating, put back on when finished and getting out. Everyone at the malls wears a mask. In my car I don't, when running I don't, but all other places I do. Not that I like it but I am not going to be singled out or get subjected to backlash from it.

I will be in CM on Wednesday 

Will be interesting to see if any difference to what I have seen in all the other places

I happily put on a mask to go indoors

We don't have to anymore in Vancouver but I still do it retail stores 

But I stopped wearing a mask outside in May of 2020

So don't wear a mask outside in Thailand

Only if it is fairly busy place I will

We were at a Sunday market yesterday and it wss fairly busy and congested

Most, not all, the vendors were wearing masks

So I were a mask out of respect 

But just walking down a street that is just regular type traffic

I don't......

17 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Will be interesting to see if any difference to what I have seen in all the other places

I don't......

Even here in CM just not wearing it looks very odd for foreingers to not do so. But it is done more than I see. Even Thai on motorocyles everone still wears the mask completely on their face. For me I will pull the nose part down to breathe when nobody is near on some off street when riding.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Even here in CM just not wearing it looks very odd for foreingers to not do so. But it is done more than I see. Even Thai on motorocyles everone still wears the mask completely on their face. For me I will pull the nose part down to breathe when nobody is near on some off street when riding.

I haven't worn a mask at all when on my MB

I've worn a neck gaiter even before Covid for debris when driving

So I wear that when needed for debris

But 90% of the time i don't wear a mask when riding 

8 hours ago, rc1 said:

It's not even debateable. 

It’s always debatable unless you have proof. If you look at the posts after yours people are reporting that tourists are walking around quite happily without masks and there are no consequences for them. My friends who arrived recently for a holiday in Phuket had no idea that masks were required until I told them and they weren’t bothered when they found out.If there was a warning about mask wearing when people apply for the TP everyone would know before coming to Thailand but as there isn’t I would argue that Thailand’s mask mandate doesn’t impact selection of Thailand as a destination because most tourists won’t find out until they get here. As masks are still required by many airlines I don’t think it will be a massive shock that they have to continue wearing them in country. Out of interest does anyone know if there are any signs up at airports regarding mask mandates?

13 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Why do you disagree? 

I already gave my opinion in the post you responded to, actually it is probably more accurate to say you disagreed with my opinion, so if I add anything I’d just be repeating myself. Nothing wrong to agree to disagree…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manu said:

I already gave my opinion in the post you responded to, actually it is probably more accurate to say you disagreed with my opinion, so if I add anything I’d just be repeating myself. Nothing wrong to agree to disagree…

Fair enough😁

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:57 PM, Marc26 said:

I don't......

Exactly, that's what I've been saying "don't wear mask outside in Thailand" all about common sense anywhere in the world but someone in this forum in the panic mode due to being fined by the BIB.