News Forum - Fortune telling tarantula predicts lottery numbers in central Thailand

Thaiger

A man from Ang Thong province in central Thailand believes that a tarantula in the forest can predict the future. So far, the tarantula has made two lottery predictions. The man reportedly waits day and night for the furry fortune teller to come out of its hole to see what it might predict next. When the man wants “Phaya Bung” – or “Lord of the Tarantulas” – to make a lottery prediction, he conducts a ceremony for it outside of its hole in the forest behind Wat Bot Racha Sattha temple in Pho Thong district. He lights candles and incense […]

The story Fortune telling tarantula predicts lottery numbers in central Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

He should feed it as a reward. I tried that one time to stop ants invading my apartment. It didnt work so i went back to fighting with them

• Haha 1

thai fortune tellers gather to devise a plan to hire a hill tribe lackey to take out the competition.....

I wonder, how did he figure this out? 

Why would someone take 10 numbers and put them in the hole where a tarantula lives? 

How did this happen the first time? 

So many questions... 

2 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

I wonder, how did he figure this out? 

Why would someone take 10 numbers and put them in the hole where a tarantula lives? 

How did this happen the first time? 

So many questions... 

I've seen this first hand in my village, an evening with holy candles around a spiders hole and 5 locals standing around all night. Oddly enough none of them are millionaires yet !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A man from Ang Thong province in central Thailand believes that a tarantula in the forest can predict the future.

Here in Australia we had an Octopus that could predict the outcome of elections. Must have something to do with having mutiple legs. 

1 hour ago, Wozzlegummich said:

Here in Australia we had an Octopus that could predict the outcome of elections. Must have something to do with having mutiple legs. 

Its got more to do with stupidity  and gullibility 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

I've seen this first hand in my village, an evening with holy candles around a spiders hole and 5 locals standing around all night. Oddly enough none of them are millionaires yet !

Was any Lao Kao involved?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

That's because the spider gave them the wrong numbers, so the spider could keep the right numbers for himself! 

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2022 at 11:06 PM, DiJoDavO said:

That's because the spider gave them the wrong numbers, so the spider could keep the right numbers for himself! 

If that had been me, Incy Bloody Wincy would be back up the water spout.

• Like 1

Thais and numbers? Has to be the most frustrating , mystifying subject in Thailand.

Rub the bark of a tree, I dreamt last night, the great grand child doodled a number, car rego number,

house number, mothers birthday, first word baby said "ha ha ha " so 5 5 5 , not stupid this kid, meant "ha ha ha" you idiot.

I honestly think that 20% of Thai conversation revolves around numerics.

Learn your numbers if you want to speak Thai.