News Forum - Thai kindergarten forces students to wear military uniform, sparks outrage

Thaiger

A Thai kindergarten has been slammed online for forcing students to wear four different uniforms, including a “military uniform” on Thursdays. The public school in the western province of Kanchanaburi informed parents they must purchase the new uniforms before the new term begins on May 17. The preschool wants children aged 4 – 6 to wear four different uniforms: normal school uniform on Monday and Tuesday, a PE uniform on Wednesday, a soldier uniform on Thursday and an “ASEAN” uniform on Friday, which sports an ASEAN flag. The school posted an announcement about the uniform changes on Facebook, which gained […]

The story Thai kindergarten forces students to wear military uniform, sparks outrage as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Standard uniform, Sports uniform and a Asean bandana to wear with standard uniform on Asean day.

The rest is unnecessary expense and bureaucracy losing the plot.

• Like 6

Do the kids also have to bring their toy AR 15 to sling over their shoulders, to go with the military camo uniform?

Edited by IneptoCracy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, IneptoCracy said:

Do the kids also have to bring their toy AR 15 to sling over their shoulders, to go with the military camo uniform?

Perhaps a father can bring in an real one, with his kid, asking the teachers and the principal, if they wanna have it more realistic?

• Like 2

I forgot the to add the green drab face masks and green military beanie to with the whole setup. Knee high Black jack boots too?

Do the kids have to goose step march or just normal marching?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IneptoCracy said:

I forgot the to add the green drab face masks and green military beanie to with the whole setup. Knee high Black jack boots too?

Do the kids have to goose step march or just normal marching?

Why not, including Jack Boots. March in step or else !!!

Can’t even start to get your head around the thinking behind this. Of all the things that scare me about Thailand (Tsunamis, big snakes, Dengue fever etc), the Thai thought process and logic is by far the most scary. 

• Like 3

"Thai thought process and logic is by far the most scary." That's the fun part and it only applies to officials. The rest of the population just get on with day to day running of their lives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The school responded to the criticism by saying the purpose of the military uniform is for a school activity called “Land Protection Army,” which aims to promote patriotism, religion and the monarchy.

Patriotism is the love of one's country, at least the good parts of it - like religion and the monarchy. Since the best part unarguably is the monarchy, shouldn't the kids dress up more to the point? I'd accept credits for this idea if Lazada hadn't beaten me to it.

2 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

"Thai thought process and logic is by far the most scary." That's the fun part and it only applies to officials. The rest of the population just get on with day to day running of their lives.

If only that were true mate. If only that were true. Look at the way they drive for example. Says it all in my view. I get bored of Thais trying to explain it away on the basis that they have never been shown how to drive properly. I just don’t buy that you need showing not to tailgate someone doing 100km/h. As the saying goes: How many times do you need to piss on the toilet seat before you realise you should lift it up? 

• Like 2

Old idea first introduced in 2016 2 years after cheesehead took control. It is now being officially brought in to brainwash the kids to love abs accept everything the young thai generation now despise and reject. It is going to backfire on them and probably really hard.