News Forum - Phuket targets 1 million foreign tourists for last quarter of 2022

Thaiger

The president of the Phuket Tourist Association says the island hopes to attract a million foreign tourists in the last quarter of the year. Bhummikitti Raktaengam says things are looking up since the cancellation of Test & Go, and he’s hopeful the southern island could receive a total of 3.5 million visitors this year. Since May 1, the number of international arrivals to Phuket has risen to between 3,000 and 5,000 a day, compared to just 400 – 500 a day in the sandbox scheme and 2,500 a day through Test & Go. Before the Covid-19 era, Phuket welcomed 10 […]

The story Phuket targets 1 million foreign tourists for last quarter of 2022 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can I respectfully request The Thaiger stop presenting such articles relating to peoples hopes and aspirations. If you feel news items are thin on the ground, then I’d prefer nothing. There are often many stories from your news source outlets that simply don’t get reported each day which people would find interesting. Issues relating to consumer confidence and the weakening Baht to name just a couple. often the news sources are just direct quotes which your readers could do with help in understanding. Try to add some journalistic value in your pieces. 

For example. In todays Bangkok Post, there is the usual technical drivel about the weakening Baht. One line by the interviewed “expert” says: “The bank of Thailand will likely refrain from policy normalisation”. That’s a good one to get your teeth in to. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

Can I respectfully request The Thaiger stop presenting such articles relating to peoples hopes and aspirations. If you feel news items are thin on the ground, then I’d prefer nothing.

Perhaps Tim can cater the website to your every wish and demand.  I think you should be a consultant for The Thaiger as you know everything.  The alternative would be to simply not read the articles that don't interest you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saunk said:

Perhaps Tim can cater the website to your every wish and demand.  I think you should be a consultant for The Thaiger as you know everything.  The alternative would be to simply not read the articles that don't interest you.

That’s progress for you. Ignore what’s wrong DEEEERRR

17 hours ago, Soidog said:

The bank of Thailand will likely refrain from policy normalisation”.

So basically the bank of Thailand has no intention of raising interest rates to fight inflation anytime soon. Risky bet on so many levels. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EdwardV said:

So basically the bank of Thailand has no intention of raising interest rates to fight inflation anytime soon. Risky bet on so many levels. 

Exactly @EdwardV . It would be nice, wouldn’t it, if news media described it in such a way as to inform and enlighten people.