Sandbox could be revised, cancelled if Covid-19 outbreaks occur

Thaiger

On 6/23/2021 at 1:34 PM, vlad said:

First and Formost a big Thumbs up to all at TheThaiger talk team and the Moderation team for allowing this Forum to be set up, and i hope it grows into a operation aimed at Tourists and expats on or about to visit Thailand and the locals who are welcome to post also.

Well as i reside in the UK and not an Expat living in Phuket I have traveled many times to Phuket and i love to ride a hired bike from Patong to Cape Panwar.

Anyway onto the Sandbox Scheme unfortunately it will not Succeed because Phuket has not inoculated its locals sufficiently enough to fight this pandemic. The Governor of Phuket needs to  understand the virus is Transmitted by Thais traveling to Phuket and the surrounding Islands who have not had any vaccines.  Tourists who leave there Country are only allowed to leave once they are fully vaccinated and fit to fly they simply cannot bring it with them to Phuket any spread now is from Thai's painful to hear but the truth has to be told. We in the UK are very close to full opening without masks even why ?? because we listened and acted on the advice of our top Scientist's and PM. We had to suffer Lock downs, and only allowed to leave our homes for food shopping or Doctor appointments. Sadly we lost 180,000 people due to Covid. We made mistakes that cost us many lives but through Mass Vaccination of the best Vaccine we have recovered, However we understand we can never be rid of Covid 19 so like the Annual flu jab we will have to live with the Annual Covid shot. The Governor of Phuket must understand that the Tourists will inject cash into the local Economy ie no tourists no economy. Instead of insulting us by calling us Dirty falangs who should never be allowed in Thailand. Does his Tourist minister think he can say things like this? does he understand the damage and reputation that he has caused by coming out with these comments. So basically you must vaccinate your local population before you even think of opening up for Tourists. You must have sufficient amounts of reliable vaccines, and most of all be sincere and honest with the people you are relying on to save your Island show us we are welcome and keep us safe and not to be allowed to be ripped off.

The Thais love tourists like you vlad. Conciliatory, forgiving,  and trusting.

Wake up

Phuket is inhabited by a nest of snakes intent on scamming, cheating, and looting people like you.

A simple example  is: The price of entry to National park for tourists in comparison to the price for Thais.

The evidence is overwhelming.

i can assure you Toby im fully aware of the scams and tricks. I was enrolled into University of the Sick Buffalo's in 2008 and achieved an A grade Cert.  iv'e stood waited for a piece of street food to be told my piece of chicken is the falang price then walked away. The Tuk Tuk rip off and the watered down coke you just paid 300 tbt for your lady Drink yep i know most of the scams.

I'm also aware of the real Thai Smile Toby.

On 6/24/2021 at 11:08 AM, PohTou said:

Other possibility would be adding a hotel quarantine to reduce the incoming spread of Covid 19???????  There is no risk of a spread of Covid 19 from incoming tourists! They have to be fully vaccinated before arriving! The risk will originate with Thai residents of Phuket, not fully vaccinated tourists!!!

Fair comment and apologies for missing this, your debut post earlier.

Hello, PohTou and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton