News Forum - “Doctor loses”: Mor Chana Covid-19 application to be discontinued from June 1

Thaiger

Thailand’s once-mandatory Covid-19 tracking application “Mor Chana”, or Doctor Wins, will be discontinued from June 1. Mor Chana was once commonly used to track coronavirus cases and notify people if they had been exposed to Covid-19. Mor Chana, which was launched on April 29 2020, used GPS and Bluetooth to track the movement of users, who were expected to use the application to scan a barcode to “check in” to venues during the height of the pandemic. In January 2021, health minister Anutin Charnvirakul said anyone who contracted Covid-19 without having previously downloaded and used the app would be subject […]

The story “Doctor loses”: Mor Chana Covid-19 application to be discontinued from June 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Next step: Scrap ThaiPass on arrival and mask mandatory at public places (or everywhere, would be fine with me)

• Like 5

No need for caution Pnut has it under control, so no more CPR  tests required is next on the list.

After that lets make covid a myth. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, palooka said:

No need for caution Pnut has it under control, so no more CPR  tests required is next on the list.

After that lets make covid a myth. 

No more tests will happen by the year 2030. And considering Covid a myth will be possible from the year 3020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

In January 2021, health minister Anutin Charnvirakul said anyone who contracted Covid-19 without having previously downloaded and used the app would be subject to up to two years imprisonment and a fine of up to ฿40,000. The threat was criticised as unfair on people without smartphones.

Read the full story

Never knew that (I'm inclined to believe the statement was made as reported, but I doubt there was a legal basis for it to actually be valid).

Around that time, I downloaded the app, but was unable to use it because it refused to be used unless I agreed to the terms of use, which - after reading them - was impossible out of principle (= the scope should not be beyond necessity).

1.7 more months to go, it seems :-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, palooka said:

Pre-departure and on arrival PCR testing was dropped on May 1st for those fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SirPixAlot said:

Next step: Scrap ThaiPass on arrival and mask mandatory at public places (or everywhere, would be fine with me)

This can't come soon enough.

The measures Thailand are currently taking are starting to look very disproportionate and out of place compared to most of the rest of the world. 

At least, for the love of God get the masks off the the TV presenters.... The fear needs to be dialled back, now. 

Edited by rc1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, rc1 said:

At least, for the love of God get the masks off the the TV presenters.... The fear needs to be dialled back, now. 

This one literally makes you burst out laughing. It looks and is, utterly ridiculous. I watched a football match a few days ago and the three studio pundits were all sat with masks on.

There’s an element of cultural acceptance of covering your face in Asia (I think many enjoy it). Watching a recent English Premier league game with a packed crowd and the camera scanning the supporters. Every once in a while you would see a mask in the crowd. Who was wearing it? An Asian of course!

We won’t see the end of mask wearing here for at least a year or more. Remove it from any laws and ability for shops to stop access and then let them get on with it. An inscrutable group these Asians 😉

• Like 1