News Forum - Anutin to give away 1 million cannabis plants to Thai households from next month

Thaiger

Thailand’s kind-hearted Public Health Minister says he will offer households a million cannabis plants for free from next month. Anutin Charnvirakul’s generous gesture is to mark June 9, from when people will be legally permitted to grow cannabis plants in their own homes. However, it will have to be medical-grade cannabis only and can only be used for medicinal purposes. According to a Nation Thailand report, there will be no official registration required to grow the plant at home. Yesterday, Anutin took to Facebook to confirm his 1 million plant giveaway. He also explained that Thai companies registered to do […]

The story Anutin to give away 1 million cannabis plants to Thai households from next month as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Man knows how to make People "Happy". Happy people don't cause problems ..... at least not for a short while until the effect withdraws.

• Like 1

I wonder when the government is going to take road safety seriously in regards to intoxicated drivers behind the wheel. Other countries have disposable breath testers that check drug and alcohol levels on the roadside. Stoners on the couch OK, behind the wheel not OK.

• Like 1

Three replies before mine and all three are wrong.

There is no drug in these plants,besides that i see old habits die hard.

So much information every where but some people have a hard time understanding.

8 minutes ago, birdman said:

Three replies before mine and all three are wrong.

There is no drug in these plants,besides that i see old habits die hard.

So much information every where but some people have a hard time understanding.

I was not referring to legal consumption of marijuana based products. How do you grow marijuana with 0.2% concentration of THC? 

The THC content varies in the different parts of the plant: from 10-12 per cent in flowers, 1-2 per cent in leaves, 0.1-0.3 per cent in stalks, to less than 0.03 per cent in the roots. Product type: There are three main types of cannabis products: herb (marijuana), resin (hashish) and oil (hash oil)”

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/frontpage/2009/June/why-does-cannabis-potency-matter.html 

“Free”. So has this guy bought the plants with his own money and now giving them away? Or will he use tax payers (the peoples) money and simply hand some of it back in the form of plants? Just checking…

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I was not referring to legal consumption of marijuana based products. How do you grow marijuana with 0.2% concentration of THC? 

The THC content varies in the different parts of the plant: from 10-12 per cent in flowers, 1-2 per cent in leaves, 0.1-0.3 per cent in stalks, to less than 0.03 per cent in the roots. Product type: There are three main types of cannabis products: herb (marijuana), resin (hashish) and oil (hash oil)”

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/frontpage/2009/June/why-does-cannabis-potency-matter.html 

ok, i see what you are saying but that is not what the op is talking about.

The article is about the type of cannabis that the Thai people will be legally allowed to grow.

I would be interested to know how much money a plant like Anutin's is worth when

fully grown.

Probably better of to grow tomatoes instead.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

ok, i see what you are saying but that is not what the op is talking about.

The article is about the type of cannabis that the Thai people will be legally allowed to grow.

And in the photo the Health Minister is standing amongst plants with flowers 😆
The growers will have to uproot the plants before they start to bud. The majority of the weight in a marijuana plant is in the buds so you’re probably right that tomatoes would be more profitable if the flowers never get sold. 

• Like 1

As long as i can understand, 0.2% is the max amounts of thc a cannabis product that's for sale can contain - the cannabis plant that can be grown can contain more than 0.2%, or at least that's not what's talked about in OP

And 0.2% of thc in a cannabis drink would be a lot if you drink half a litre

Read everything about it again. 

31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

As long as i can understand, 0.2% is the max amounts of thc a cannabis product that's for sale can contain - the cannabis plant that can be grown can contain more than 0.2%, or at least that's not what's talked about in OP

And 0.2% of thc in a cannabis drink would be a lot if you drink half a litre

Read everything about it again. 

Cannot find an edit function, so i have to answer to myself.

Actually, already 100ml of a drink with 0.2% thc, or 100g of a cake with 0.2% thc would be a huge dose. It would contain 0.2g of thc, which is the content of 2g of 10% cannabis...