News Forum - Why you should study Thai to explore Thailand

Thaiger

Sponsored  Thailand has always been known as the world’s most popular tourist destination. Why? The land of smiles has so much to offer: tranquil beaches, never-ending options of cuisines, majestic temples and scenery, rich history, and cultural and archaeological sites. There is never enough time to get to know and explore Thailand fully. But, how do you make the most out of your time in this beautiful country? Why not learn the language itself? Here are reasons why you should study Thai to know Thailand. 1. Get to know Thai culture better. Culture and language are strongly connected. Learning Thai […]

The story Why you should study Thai to explore Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It is good to study in Thailand because you can not fail. A c+  is guaranteed and thus you will have a piece of worthless wallpaper, let's call it certificate, afterwards.

It is also very good to make sure nothing cha ges in this country and your money will be spend exactly for that.

You learn the value of the Wai and smile in combination with being a farang

I would have to be VERY interested in exploring the distant corners of Thailand to spend months of my time learning Thai language 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Yes very good to learn the culture dronken monks corupt police and everybody else cheating and lieing behind the smile they can not wait to rip you off selfish and lots more good to know these things before you come

12 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Yes very good to learn the culture dronken monks corupt police and everybody else cheating and lieing behind the smile they can not wait to rip you off selfish and lots more good to know these things before you come

This could apply to many countries if you choose to be ignorant. 

Why not learn a little, understand the basic culture and a few phrases that will bring you respect for at least trying. But for any country, be safety aware and understand what not to do, to help avoid situations.

After all "a fool and his money is soon parted" applies wherever you choose to be.

I did learn some time the hard way it can apply to many country but we talk about thailand now and it still good advice not to trust monks police and politician and here almost everybody else

4 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

I did learn some time the hard way it can apply to many country but we talk about thailand now and it still good advice not to trust monks police and politician and here almost everybody else

So how do you know if they are telling the truth/lies if you cannot understand what they saying? I always speak English and often feign ignorance of Thai whenever I have needed to talk to Thai authorities, especially  the police. It is very interesting what you can learn when they think you don’t understand what they are talking between themselves about.

• Like 1

That kind of proof my point you can not trust them i bet you hear something like why we help him or laugh when a thai rip you off i speak some thai but not enough to follow whole conversations