US Warns its citizens against traveling to Thailand

Thaiger

18 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Australia gave the same answer (shove off) to all its citizens living in Thailand and elsewhere in the world.  I am beginning to re-think things about China for a few reasons, and this one is a biggie.  China has made arrangements with many countries to give them vaccine doses for free, in exchange for them providing Chinese citizens living there with the vaccine on their behalf.  My understanding is that China has agreed to give Thailand 500,000 doses on the basis that Thailand takes an additional 300,000 doses and gives them to its 150,000 citizens.  And I believe that they have done this in many overseas countries where there is a significant number of Chinese citizens living. Meanwhile Australia and USA have made arrangements to have all their embassy staff and workers vacinnated in Thailand, and all other countries - but for their own citizens they are doing nothing - unlike what the Chinese Govt is doing.  In my mind China is starting to win the 'PR War' with USA and Allies - I will no longer accept that China is automatically 'bad'.  This latest episode proves they are actually better than my country in looking after its Citizens. 

a) Most of the vaccines are not given to other countries for free, they are paid for. b) Since a year ago, imported covid cases of Chinese traveling back to China are in the front page news. So China gives its vaccines for diplomacy, plus for insurance when these Chinese go back to China. Now, how effective those vaccines are, that's a whole different question.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The new normal! Things will never be the same !   Traveling will be so risky,vaccinated or not .Now Testing positive has a whole new meaning while traveling,Quarantine ,restrictions ,extra costs, wearing masks .

Special shout out to the CCP .Without them none of this could be possible!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 3:35 PM, Gary said:

I here all the time from my friends back in the USA that there is a surplus of vaccines over there.  They are giving the vaccines to Asian countries including Thailand.  They cannot earmark some for the expats living here and paying US taxes.  Doesn’t really surprise me. Sad.  The traveling warning is ridiculous… the part about Covid ok sure.  But the embassy saying they need special passes to go to the southern provinces ?seems unlikely to me.  I live in the south for 7 years and haven’t heard of that.   Who knows anymore.  Bottom line is vaccinate and open then we don’t have to listen to this Covid stuff everyday anymore  

Bottom line is the variant made covid a Mr.Hyde instead of Dr Jeckel ! 
Its  prompting more and more restrictions on society  ,lockdowns, quarantines, testing ,high probability of covid passports ,less hospital beds and so many other social abnormalities!  

The experts have no idea how many times this poison can mutate .Your grandchildren will be talking about this.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2021 at 11:14 PM, King Cotton said:

Excellent debut post . . . thanks for that and sorry not to have seen it earlier.

Hello SinMac and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Pitty it’s not correct 1700 only deaths in Thailand... 

On 8/6/2021 at 3:52 PM, riclag said:

Bottom line is the variant made covid a Mr.Hyde instead of Dr Jeckel ! 
Its  prompting more and more restrictions on society  ,lockdowns, quarantines, testing ,high probability of covid passports ,less hospital beds and so many other social abnormalities!  

The experts have no idea how many times this poison can mutate .Your grandchildren will be talking about this.

That’s the problem.. over 20 mil dead on UN unofficial. 6 more mil that’s all of Australia wiped out .. don’t u love these drunks who all they worry about it booze and bars .

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 4:29 AM, Leo said:

Except that a) USA cases have gone down 80% since March, Thailand cases have gone up 400% since March. b) The US has carried out about 500 million tests . Has Thailand carried out 100 million tests? Overall, pathetic post.

Don’t let the truth get in the way 

100 percent correct