News Forum - Man in northern Thailand found dead under palm tree

Thaiger

A man in the northern Thai province of Phitsanulok was found lying dead under a palm tree this morning. The man’s relatives told police he had left his home early in the morning to tap palm milk, as he did every day. They got worried when he didn’t come back at 9am, so they went to search for him, and found his body covered in bruises under a sugar palm tree. The family believes that the man, 65 year old Sangwan Amdat, fell to his death from the tree, which was about 50 metres tall. The captain of Wat Bot […]

The story Man in northern Thailand found dead under palm tree as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A 50 metres tall Palm tree? Most species don't grow taller than 8 to 9 metres. I suspect it's 50ft, which is about 16 metres. Still a tall tree though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Erno said:

A 50 metres tall Palm tree? Most species don't grow taller than 8 to 9 metres. I suspect it's 50ft, which is about 16 metres. Still a tall tree though.

Yeah, palm trees grow around 8 to 9 meters tall the max. But  not 50 meters. Could be 50ft...

Edited by Ramanathan.P
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Erno said:

I dunno some of those trees around Angkor Wat could be almost 50 metres. Might have the same in Thailand.

image.png.6ba959afb1678b1e4d8fddf007f6bdff.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Scribble said:

I dunno some of those trees around Angkor Wat could be almost 50 metres. Might have the same in Thailand.

image.png.6ba959afb1678b1e4d8fddf007f6bdff.png

They are "maxing out" at about 30 meters. In Angkor.

Just a look at the picture in the source, BP: The 50m must be a typo. I even think that this tree can't be 50 ft.  The used "ladder" is never longer as 6 or 8 meters! (About 4m are to see, also then already palm leaf is in the picture)