News Forum - Major Thai police leader to discuss closing times in Pattaya, Phuket, and elsewhere

Thaiger

Thailand’s famous police leader ‘Big Joke’ has plans to discuss legal closing times for ‘restaurants’ in Pattaya, Phuket, and other renowned tourist hotspots. Bars and clubs in Thailand, under official laws, are still only allowed to reopen as ‘restaurants’. At a Phuket press conference on Friday, Big Joke, or Assistant of the National Police Chief Lieutenant General Surachate, told The Phuket Express that police are going to discuss the closing times with the CCSA and relevant officials in Phuket, and elsewhere. Big Joke stressed that he sympathised with how business operators are struggling to earn money under the country’s current restrictions, […]

The story Major Thai police leader to discuss closing times in Pattaya, Phuket, and elsewhere as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Correct. This really is beyond a “Big Joke” now! You would think it was a change to the norm. Just open the place and scrap everything. They just can’t help all the officialdom. Meetings and meetings and proposals and studies and more meetings

• Like 7

Big Ego! Just open them as Covid will make its rounds no matter what. These bozos just love the control and publicity. 

• Cool 1

I was at a Bangkok convention this weekend with about several thousand other people in the hall shoulder to shoulder, picking up stuff and nobody giving a damn.

it will be a miracle if I don't test positive, were I to bother. That was also the general thinking of many other exhibitors.

But having a drink in a bar is a no go....that's the biggest joke.

3 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

I was at a Bangkok convention this weekend with about several thousand other people in the hall shoulder to shoulder, picking up stuff and nobody giving a damn.

it will be a miracle if I don't test positive, were I to bother. That was also the general thinking of many other exhibitors.

Agree. No logic and you have a very high possibility to get Covid. Enjoy quarantine and be well or you are very lucky man. But be well! 

8 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Ummm.....I was in Bangkok last week 

About 2000 bars I could find to have a drink in

Why do you guys just keep repeating the same falsehoods?

Oh and I found places to drink in Kanchanaburi and SuphanBuri and now Samui 

22 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Ummm.....I was in Bangkok last week 

About 2000 bars I could find to have a drink in

Why do you guys just keep repeating the same falsehoods?

Oh and I found places to drink in Kanchanaburi and SuphanBuri and now Samui 

You'll become an alcoholic at that rate. 🍻 😎

• Haha 1