News Forum - Phuket officials investigate land excavation in Kamala hills

Thaiger

After news broke on Thai media that a backhoe was seen digging soil and loading it onto trucks in Kamala, a town in Phuket, officials are investigating what is suspected of being an illegal land excavation. Isra News Agency, the Thai media platform that first reported the incident, published photos on Thursday of what appears to be a construction site on a steep slope in Kamala hills. The site is reportedly near a “famous golf course”. The next day (May 6), Phuket’s public relations office announced that relevant agencies had inspected the area, and there were 2 an investigation. Officials […]

The story Phuket officials investigate land excavation in Kamala hills as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

near a famous golf course?
The nearest is Loch Palm in Kathu, but that is over the hills and the other side of the wood/jungle.
But that scraping of the mountain happened before in Phuket. But then the houses built there succumb to mud avalanches.

It’s ok. No one was at the site of activity as was vacant. Nothing to see or find here, carry on. 

No one knows anything?

Crap there has been a lot of excavation there, 1000s of tons of soil has been excavated and no one knows where it went or who did it?

Ask the local tuk tuk driver he would know.

2 hours ago, Alavan said:

near a famous golf course?
The nearest is Loch Palm in Kathu, but that is over the hills and the other side of the wood/jungle.
But that scraping of the mountain happened before in Phuket. But then the houses built there succumb to mud avalanches.

Yep, that Loch Palm is the one. 

7°56’09.599"N; 98°21’44.639"E is not in the hills behind Kamala, it is in the Hills between Loch Palm and Bypass Road. My guess, if they would check the footage of the cameras at the one junction, where the dirt road comes out onto the road, they could catch/identify  the one or the other loaded truck. That thing is growing for 2 years, are google sat-pictures telling

3 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Yep, that Loch Palm is the one. 

7°56’09.599"N; 98°21’44.639"E is not in the hills behind Kamala, it is in the Hills between Loch Palm and Bypass Road. My guess, if they would check the footage of the cameras at the one junction, where the dirt road comes out onto the road, they could catch/identify  the one or the other loaded truck. That thing is growing for 2 years, are google sat-pictures telling

When in Thailand I stay in a house on Loch Palm. It is Kathu, and then I guess near Kathu waterfall, or it is over the hills in Kamala.
or do you mean the road passing Tong Dee?

48 minutes ago, Alavan said:

When in Thailand I stay in a house on Loch Palm. It is Kathu, and then I guess near Kathu waterfall, or it is over the hills in Kamala.
or do you mean the road passing Tong Dee?

Your google not working? Try mine:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/7°56'09.6"N+98°21'44.6"E/@7.936005,98.360211,1566m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x91310665812c9b3d!8m2!3d7.9359997!4d98.3623997

And yes, that is in Kathu, not in Kamala.

I thought between Loch Palm and Bypass Road gave that away.

Aside, in the "source" PN, there is something written, about Kathu-district.  

But looking on the district borders (google maps) of Phuket, the road comes from Kathu, the location itself is  in Muang. 

A bit messy, this report. Methinks.

53 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Your google not working? Try mine:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/7°56'09.6"N+98°21'44.6"E/@7.936005,98.360211,1566m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x91310665812c9b3d!8m2!3d7.9359997!4d98.3623997

And yes, that is in Kathu, not in Kamala.

I thought between Loch Palm and Bypass Road gave that away.

Thank you, I tried but couldn't Google it. That is a completely different position. Nice for a teacher of British curiculum school (or maybe just a cheap place to scavengine sume sand.

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Thank you, I tried but couldn't Google it. That is a completely different position. Nice for a teacher of British curiculum school (or maybe just a cheap place to scavengine sume sand.

Huh?

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Huh?

It is not so far from the school, and for the rest there is nothing there. Schoolteachers try to find houses in this vicinity.

Before Loch Palm closed the passage to their clubhouse it was a nice shortcut, but now you have to do the whole tour around the course, so the bypass isn’t so interesting any more.

• Thanks 1