News Forum - Police visit Chon Buri immigration, warn staff “don’t take bribes”

Thaiger

Police paid Chon Buri’s immigration office a rather tense visit on Thursday to deliver a 9 point checklist to staff. Thai media reported that #8 on the list of demands was “Get off your phones and don’t take bribes”, as ordered by the lieutenant general leading the visit. This news comes as Thailand prepares for an influx of tourists following the eased restrictions to Thailand Pass. The lieutenant general explained that Thai immigration needed to balance following rules to maintain order, and giving possible leeway and helping tourists. He added that staff should thoroughly check visa extensions, and check the […]

The story Police visit Chon Buri immigration, warn staff “don’t take bribes” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

Police weren't getting their cut, or it was  becoming so blatant that even they couldn't ignore it? I have had only one brush with the Chon Buri immigration office, to try and extend a tourist visa, and it wasn't a pleasant experience, from not being able to get any more than a ticket for yet another queue from "Information" to being told to go to the back of the queue after getting queue-jumped by a Thai woman with what wasn't her passport and a sh*t-eating grin. I gave up and went to Cambodia before my visa expired instead. 

• Like 5

Isn't he sticking his nose in business where it doesn't belong? Last I read is the Immigration Departments are their own police and nothing to do with him.

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Isn't he sticking his nose in business where it doesn't belong? Last I read is the Immigration Departments are their own police and nothing to do with him.

Immigration is a division of the Police.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Immigration is a division of the Police.

Yes but I always understood or thought them to be their own entity of command.

😂😂. So funny this article. Portrayed as police doing their job, but hands up anyone who actually believes that 😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

😂😂. So funny this article. Portrayed as police doing their job, but hands up anyone who actually believes that 😂😂

I am sort of surprised they didn't dress up like commandos.

• Haha 1

2 minutes after he left

"What did he say?"

"Sorry I was on the phone"

"Anyone know what he wanted?"

"Nope"

"Crap not even one of you listened?" 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, palooka said:

Crap not even one of you listened?" 

No, because he didn’t bribe us to listen 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My immigration office in Hua Hin is quite easy to deal with and always very polite. Never had to bribe anyone. The police need to look into their own house first. 

• Like 2

I've dealt with Chonburi Immigration for 10 years now never had a problem. 

The long queues  are caused by Falangs that turn up without the correct paperwork or paperwork incorrectly filled out .

Prior planning and preparation prevent p#$h poor performance. 

I must admit I  was very impressed with the way they were sending such People to the back off the queue when I did a 90 day report last month. 

• Like 1