News Forum - One Chon Buri municipality is neutering animals to have fewer strays

Thaiger

Officials in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung municipality are having animals spayed in order to lower the number of strays in the area. Yesterday, vetrinarians from the municipality’s livestock development department spayed animals at a temple. The Bang Lamung district chief said the goal of the campaign is to stop both stray animals, and pets, from reproducing. The chief added that sterilising animals also makes them healthier, and lowers their risk of cancer. He stressed that all sectors in Bang Lamung needed to cooperate on the solution to stray animals, since they are a burden to locals. Thailand struggles to deal […]

The story One Chon Buri municipality is neutering animals to have fewer strays as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Good initiative. They should extend this to the monkey gang in Lop Buri also...

around my house in Sattahip too, they are a real menace, much worse than the soi dogs. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Good initiative. They should extend this to the monkey gang in Lop Buri also...

Good idea although it might cause a shortage of future politicians.
Correction: Excellent idea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Good idea although it might cause a shortage of future politicians.
Correction: Excellent idea. 

Wait.....what about board members? Perhaps all is not lost after all! 😃

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

around my house in Sattahip too, they are a real menace, much worse than the soi dogs. 

You could try keeping "Belacan" in small containers hanging around for the monkeys to taste. Once they taste it, they will  not come to that area as they don't like that smell. Well, this was shared by one of the palm oil mill Assistant Engineer to get rid of the wild monkeys around that estate, which constantly invade the mill area stealing food from the workers and grabbing whatever they can.....however I am not sure if that will work with Thai monkeys....

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

You could try keeping "Belacan" in small containers hanging around for the monkeys to taste. Once they taste it, they will  not come to that area as they don't like that smell. Well, this was shared by one of the palm oil mill Assistant Engineer to get rid of the wild monkeys around that estate, which constantly invade the mill area stealing food from the workers and grabbing whatever they can.....however I am not sure if that will work with Thai monkeys....

Sounds like "balah" so it will keep me away too and I don't have to taste it thanks, sense of smell still works fine.