News Forum - Thai woman spends 300k baht on wedding but groom doesn’t turn up

Thaiger

7 minutes ago, alex12345 said:

Yes, it is sad for the woman, I have to agree, no one should stand their waiting for someone who doesnt turn up on their wedding day.

I was going to be married to a thai once, kind of obvious because it was the second thing she asked me, did I want to get married? well not for at least two years anyway. Her parents were very poor and originally wanted 700,000 which  i didnt have. We wouldnt have gotten any of that back

Eventually her grannie worked it down to 300,000. A month or two later a filipino ten years younger came along, who wasnt interested in my money.  So that story ended and i've never dated a Thai woman since. What was funny she kept asking me if I was saving (now in the UK we would both be saving, she was 3 million in debt at least)

The linkage of love to money in thailand is to strange and i see to many men being dragged to gold shops all the time married or not

Many years ago I used to hang our with some Ozzies (I am Brit), one of our special bars was overlooking a gold shop in Phuket and we used to take the piss out of foreign blokes going into the shop with dodgy looking Thai women, we used to shout out, "Don't do it".

A friend of mine who was freelance had contracts all over the world, he met a girl in the Philippines while he was working there for a few months, he really liked her.

They went around in her nice car and she said she had a business and all was well.

He went back home to Holland, they were in touch and she said she loved him etc.

He went back to the Philippines on a surprise visit and found her with another guy, it turns out this guy had bought her the car and she did not have a business just money sent every month from this other western guy. 

He did a runner as fast as possible and said never again.

I have had a Thai partner for many years now, no money involved, no money to her parents etc, she has her own business. (A real one).

But I do laugh at the old blokes with girls young enough to be their daughter and laugh and think this will soo come to tears.

12 hours ago, JamesR said:

Many years ago I used to hang our with some Ozzies (I am Brit), one of our special bars was overlooking a gold shop in Phuket and we used to take the piss out of foreign blokes going into the shop with dodgy looking Thai women, we used to shout out, "Don't do it".

A friend of mine who was freelance had contracts all over the world, he met a girl in the Philippines while he was working there for a few months, he really liked her.

They went around in her nice car and she said she had a business and all was well.

He went back home to Holland, they were in touch and she said she loved him etc.

He went back to the Philippines on a surprise visit and found her with another guy, it turns out this guy had bought her the car and she did not have a business just money sent every month from this other western guy. 

He did a runner as fast as possible and said never again.

I have had a Thai partner for many years now, no money involved, no money to her parents etc, she has her own business. (A real one).

But I do laugh at the old blokes with girls young enough to be their daughter and laugh and think this will soo come to tears.

Yes, there is some flexibility here as thai and filipinos often don't think you look your age, most people think im ten or fifteen years younger than I actually am. I've never dated a bar girl only three professional women in thailand as i'm i guess in a professional job as well (mixing social levels doesnt work as you have nothing in common). Even my colleagues at work never really think about my actual age (as ive got a bit of a baby face). I had a friend who like the guy you described was dating a filipino online but when he visited her, she had a bf and now even has a baby with that guy despite the cash my friend was sending her. The real one your referring to just has her own money, which can happen later in their lives. Ive known thai women who won't marry as they have pensions from their dead husbands which would stop if they did. In the end its always about money here. Everyone needs to support themselves probably due to the health care system and needing to keep up their status. I visited a friends house a few years ago, they were both africans, no thais in the house, then i visited another african guy who had a thai wife. the difference was startling. The two africans lived in a ramshackle house, where the water wasn't really working and no air con. The other guy with the thai wife lived in a new development, two bathrooms, wide screen tv and three tablets i could see with his kids. Thats an illustration of status (or keeping up with the jones). Cars, motorbikes, houses all reflect your status in thai society.

Edited by alex12345

Sad for her - talk about "losing face" bigtime! But isn't dowry/sin-sod just another form of people trafficking or slave trading even if it is "tradition".

Edited by Wozzlegummich

On 5/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, JamesR said:

I have never understood why any guy would find her attractive as she looks like an oversized ladyboy but I suppose to an American she is seen as a beauty. 

when I worked in the USA for a total of 16 months I found most women were quite a bit “large” should we say. 

I'm from the US. My wife is Viet... (BTW - I'm Happy)

Edited by AndynPhuong

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 3:48 AM, JamesR said:

I have never understood why any guy would find her attractive as she looks like an oversized ladyboy but I suppose to an American she is seen as a beauty. 

when I worked in the USA for a total of 16 months I found most women were quite a bit “large” should we say. 

Thanks to all the fat-laden fast food they gorge

On 5/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, Transam said:

Seize all assets, serve fish head soup, no brown envelopes.....🤨