News Forum - Taxi driver transporting man high on drugs uses TikTok emergency signal to alert police

Thaiger

A quick-witted taxi driver transporting a man who appeared high on drugs while brandishing a gun used an emergency signal he’d seen on TikTok to alert police. The drama began when Bangkok cabbie Tanongsak Liangsa picked up a 23-year-old male passenger in the Mor Chit district, who asked to be taken to the Phetkasem area. According to a Bangkok Post report, during the journey, the passenger changed his mind several times about where he wanted to go, at one point asking to be taken to the western province of Ratchaburi, then requesting to be dropped off in Rayong, on the […]

The story Taxi driver transporting man high on drugs uses TikTok emergency signal to alert police as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A totally insane story if ever I read one! If this guy was so concerned for his welfare, why didn’t he call the police when he stopped to use the toilet at a petrol station? Or why not simply drive to the nearest police station in the first place? Someone needs a good slap and told to grow up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

A totally insane story if ever I read one! If this guy was so concerned for his welfare, why didn’t he call the police when he stopped to use the toilet at a petrol station? Or why not simply drive to the nearest police station in the first place? Someone needs a good slap and told to grow up.

Playing advocate of the devil here and injecting conditions to make it work, but stories are never complete so I'm allowed to use a bit of imagination:

1. If the passenger tailed him (e.g. continued telling his life story to his meth-inspired new best & only friend outside the cubicle), it might be hard and even dangerous to make such a call. Even if the call could be made in private, the driver might have been uncomfortable with the time it would have taken for police to eventually arrive.
  2. If the pair had already entered Chon Buri, Ban Bueng police station could be very close/nearest.

I have no reason to believe it happened like this, but it's possible enough to withhold immediate judgement.

• Cool 1

27 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

Playing advocate of the devil here and injecting conditions to make it work, but stories are never complete so I'm allowed to use a bit of imagination:

1. If the passenger tailed him (e.g. continued telling his life story to his meth-inspired new best & only friend outside the cubicle), it might be hard and even dangerous to make such a call. Even if the call could be made in private, the driver might have been uncomfortable with the time it would have taken for police to eventually arrive.
  2. If the pair had already entered Chon Buri, Ban Bueng police station could be very close/nearest.

I have no reason to believe it happened like this, but it's possible enough to withhold immediate judgement.

You are obviously more kind hearted than I 😉. If someone was brandishing a weapon and I had the opportunity to get out of the cab, you wouldn’t see me for dust. Anyway, the best part of the story is the taxi driver for 300 baht out of it from the police. I can only assume they found several Kg’s of Meth in the guys bag which could be sold on …..