Hua Hin today Newspaper

Benroon

So Hua Hin Today newspaper, the local rag, now edited by Jonathan Fairfield of infamous thaivisa fame has published an article where they couldn't blow more smoke up the locally troubled russian arses if he tried.

Given a full page spread to small time russian business people, he allows them to bleat on endlessly about how difficult life is following THEIR lunatic leaders invasion of a peaceful neighbour, how the poor lambs are having to 'reassess their business' how flights are so inconvenient, how the rouble has fallen etc etc even describing in great detail how to circumvent the sanctions in place and which companies can get round them, and not one solitary word about the rape, pillaging and widespread war crimes their country has inflicted (not even input from a Ukranian). Not a single word of empathy whilst attempting to drive us to tears at the local russians plight!

Utterly utterly shameful bile.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So Hua Hin Today newspaper, the local rag, now edited by Jonathan Fairfield of infamous thaivisa fame has published an article where they couldn't blow more smoke up the locally troubled russian arses if he tried.

Given a full page spread to small time russian business people, he allows them to bleat on endlessly about how difficult life is following THEIR lunatic leaders invasion of a peaceful neighbour, how the poor lambs are having to 'reassess their business' how flights are so inconvenient, how the rouble has fallen etc etc even describing in great detail how to circumvent the sanctions in place and which companies can get round them, and not one solitary word about the rape, pillaging and widespread war crimes their country has inflicted (not even input from a Ukranian). Not a single word of empathy whilst attempting to drive us to tears at the local russians plight!

Utterly utterly shameful bile.

Did you pay for it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 1:18 PM, Poolie said:

Did you pay for it?

For what ? The local paper ? 

No they give it away in desperate measures to claim the circulation is 'x' - but when most are dumped untouched in bars/clinics/gyms etc it's not too truthful tbf.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

For what ? The local paper ? 

No they give it away in desperate measures to claim the circulation is 'x' - but when most are dumped untouched in bars/clinics/gyms etc it's not too truthful tbf.

Sounds like the Trader, my old free newspaper in England, used to line the cat shit tray every Wednesday. 😃

Just now, Poolie said:

Sounds like the Trader, my old free newspaper in England, used to line the cat shit tray every Wednesday. 😃

How did you know your cat only wanted a shit on Wednesdays ?

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

How did you know your cat only wanted a shit on Wednesdays ?

I only fed him on Tuesdays. 😉

• Haha 2

Well, as far as I can tell from my friends and family in the eu, all news is centered on the opposite: how awful the russians are and how the people of Ukraine are suffering. Guess it depends what country you are in what part of the "truth" you going to read/hear.

5 hours ago, thaifarmer said:

Well, as far as I can tell from my friends and family in the eu, all news is centered on the opposite: how awful the russians are and how the people of Ukraine are suffering. Guess it depends what country you are in what part of the "truth" you going to read/hear.

Completely vindicates my use of the Trader each week. 😃

• Like 1