News Forum - Thai netizens laugh at foreign woman who mistook spirit house for a table

Thaiger

In a video circulating on social media, a foreign woman surrounded by Strawberry Fanta is spotted sitting on a stool and using a spirit house as a table, blissfully unaware of the Thais around her paying their respects to the spirits. The act could be considered very disrespectful to Thai culture, but Thai netizens seem to be entertained, rather than offended, at the woman’s mistake. Spirit houses are found in every corner of Thailand and are intended to appease ghosts by giving them a place to live so they don’t bother haunting people. Thai people replenish their spirit houses with […]

The story Thai netizens laugh at foreign woman who mistook spirit house for a table as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

thats the best  and true thing i hear if you dont know it its not wrong  it is not very smart also but in some retarded religions they will try to hang her good to see thai understand and make no big deal about it

• Like 1

Maybe it is a Farlung spirit having a rest and drink  and is therefore in the correct place for such activity.

As much as I dislike upgrading viral clips into news articles, I actually laughed when I read this one (so maybe there's hope yet).

I also hope she's texting that the amenities are great at this place: sodas and even fruit bowls!

I'm not surprised but still glad that nobody took offense. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Fanta said:

So much truth in that article. 

Didn't think you would resist that statement.🤣

• Like 1

If I was the spirit I wouldn't be angry too... she is quite pretty and has quite the hot bod. 10/10 would definitely let her taste some of my Fanta

1 hour ago, Prosaap said:

thats the best  and true thing i hear if you dont know it its not wrong  it is not very smart also but in some retarded religions they will try to hang her good to see thai understand and make no big deal about it

jesus what does that even mean ?

7 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

If I was the spirit I wouldn't be angry too... she is quite pretty and has quite the hot bod. 10/10 would definitely let her taste some of my Fanta

I feel a bit queasy 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The act could be considered very disrespectful to Thai culture, but Thai netizens seem to be entertained, rather than offended, at the woman’s mistake.

That seems to be the right spirit, here.

Aside, as long the spirit isn't complaining? Perhaps he/she/they like a bit company, not just only ants and sweet Fanta, slowly rotting fruits?

• Like 1

Did they also report that the foreign woman was laughing at the Thais for thinking Spirits exist and live in houses? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The act could be considered very disrespectful to Thai culture, but Thai netizens seem to be entertained, rather than offended, at the woman’s cultural faux pas."

Maybe it's the media who's deciding for people that they are or should feel offended. 

They are entertained. Good! We can use that in 2022, instead of being offended by everything. 

Now stop bringing such thoughts in people's mind! 

• Like 2

If you dont know its wrong its ok???  my new go to excuse

Id bet if that was a dude thais would be pissed--but a hot farang girl and its all a joke..

I will admit at my first hot pot i thought the pitcher was drinking water--yep i got busted drinking the broth

9 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I will admit at my first hot pot i thought the pitcher was drinking water--yep i got busted drinking the broth

It's ok at least the broth will eventually be drank. As for me I thought it was for washing hands before eating and the pot is the basin to collect all the hand wash water. Needless to say my hands smelled like broth.

• Haha 1

When I read, and laughed, that the red Fanta is supposed to represent the blood of a sacrificed animal, I seem to recall that there is a cult (yes I did spell it correctly)  who fantasize that red wine and a bit of biscuit are the blood and flesh of some Jewish geezer who lived, in Israel, about 2000 years ago.

2 hours ago, WilliamG said:

When I read, and laughed, that the red Fanta is supposed to represent the blood of a sacrificed animal, I seem to recall that there is a cult (yes I did spell it correctly)  who fantasize that red wine and a bit of biscuit are the blood and flesh of some Jewish geezer who lived, in Israel, about 2000 years ago.

I'm always happy to hear religous views from the sexpat community. Thanks for sharing m8.

5 minutes ago, huhuarf said:

I'm always happy to hear religous views from the sexpat community. Thanks for sharing m8.

What's this SEXPAT rubbish please? How do you know who I am?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, WilliamG said:

and the point of that was ?

15 hours ago, HiuMak said:

It's good to be a farang sometimes. Doing things wrong and getting away with it.

I used my farang-ness to use the hotel bathroom today

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benroon said:

and the point of that was ?

Because at first I found myself laughing at the Thais 'pretending' that the red Fanta was blood. Then I thought about it.