News Forum - Why is Thai media so outdated and how can it be improved? | This is Thailand

Thaiger

Have you ever watched Thai series, dramas, or movies before? Have you ever wondered why it is so unique? Especially Thai drama? you will find situations quite often repeated such as fight scenes between the leading men, then war between women for the main male character. the main actor or actress will always be rich or the main antagonist will always end up bringing a gun to kill the main characters at the end. I will talk about the Thai film and television industry. Today, I have a wonderful opportunity to interview the most respected acting teacher Kru Lukkeaw Kru […]

The story Why is Thai media so outdated and how can it be improved? | This is Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Some great and obvious questions to ask. Followed by the most Meaningless, inane and pointless answers. Perfectly illustrating why all the things wrong with Thai media will remain the same for years to come. 

It's been so long since I watched any Thai dramas although I would recommend watching them if your intention is to learn the language.

Forget about the storylines though, and I can almost guarantee in any dramas there will be a scene whereby both the male and female lead somehow fell down embracing each other and accidentally kissing followed by dramatic music, lots of replay of that kissing scene maybe sometimes even a slow-mo of said replay.

4 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

It's been so long since I watched any Thai dramas although I would recommend watching them if your intention is to learn the language.

Forget about the storylines though, and I can almost guarantee in any dramas there will be a scene whereby both the male and female lead somehow fell down embracing each other and accidentally kissing followed by dramatic music, lots of replay of that kissing scene maybe sometimes even a slow-mo of said replay.

Seems you have put in you fair share of time watching the Thai soaps as I have as well. Lot of it centerd around the wealthy lifes of BMW or Mercedes folk. Gotta feel sorry for them and most never realy pointing towards common middle folk. SometimesI  like to fake fall trip into my wife's embrace. Works like a charm!

I could start an enormous rant on this subject. IMO, maybe Thai soaps and media feels outdated, but practically in any country today films, advertising, soaps, talk shows etc. are there for one thing only, and that is to morph your thinking into "their" thinking. It's brainwash stuff. Whoever "their" is, is open to interpretation.

By realizing this, one is able to watch whatever you like and keep your own ideas, opinion.

mockingbird anyone? 😏

This is the typical example why there are many rape and molest cases happening in the society. All that is projected in the entertainment industry is accepted as cultural norm. So it becomes part of the society. If there is any change that is needed in the society, then it has to change in the media first and project it as a wrongful act with proper punishment under the legal system in the movie or drama. It takes decades to have a real impact.....but at least it is a step in the right direction.

• Like 2