News Forum - Transgender Thais are free to wear what they want at law school

Thaiger

Thai transgenders can now join law school and take exams at the Lawyers Council of Thailand dressing in line with their gender identity. The decision has been handed down by a gender discrimination committee. The decision was made in response to a complaint reported by a law student who had been rejected the opportunity to take a written exam because he was dressed as a woman, and not as his biological gender. He had already been through sex-reassignment surgery, according to reports. The committee made a decision last week stating that the dress code of the Council’s law training school, […]

The story Transgender Thais are free to wear what they want at law school as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

31 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

he was dressed as a woman, and not as his biological gender.

This person has had gender reassignment (the chop) so if they/them want to wear a frock then, imo, that “privilege”’ has certainly been earned and paid for. 

The existing rules need to be relaxed but not removed.09DBDF51-29A7-4434-AA0D-E67298FC9626.jpeg.5a37f81f0e9c32f73f6a279fada67ead.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thai transgenders can now join law school and take exams at the Lawyers Council of Thailand dressing in line with their gender identity. The decision has been handed down by a gender discrimination committee. The decision was made in response to a complaint reported by a law student who had been rejected the opportunity to take a written exam because he was dressed as a woman, and not as his biological gender. He had already been through sex-reassignment surgery, according to reports. The committee made a decision last week stating that the dress code of the Council’s law training school, […]

The story Transgender Thais are free to wear what they want at law school as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sad ,how progressives try to normalize terms to fit societal  morals !

”sex reassignment “

30 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

Dress code is silly

Some parts of a dress code are sensible, for example, in ensuring that  poorer students are  not singled out due to fashion/brand. but they should not be gender specific, nor gender restricted. 

• Like 3

It is a weird world we are living in now, I cant imagine how hard it will be for men in the future to find a girl and have a family with if the tranny's lie to them, have you seen some of them, they look so feminine, That is why I feel they should show male on the ID card.

2 hours ago, Thaidup said:

It is a weird world we are living in now, I cant imagine how hard it will be for men in the future to find a girl and have a family with if the tranny's lie to them, have you seen some of them, they look so feminine, That is why I feel they should show male on the ID card.

That's just silly man

Are you sure you aren't a teenage boy ???  😀

How many trans are lying to guys vs real world where it will never be an issue?

.001?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Not an issue! You may see a female, but imho the behavior/gestures is (95+%) "very" gay, the voice is "high pitched" male. BOTH together IS a clear warning sign. Once before a wedding, you sh/would get sober, for sure!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Some parts of a dress code are sensible, for example, in ensuring that  poorer students are  not singled out due to fashion/brand. but they should not be gender specific, nor gender restricted. 

No, that argument is pointless. Kids will find a way to differentiate, be it by makeup, hairstyle, accent, shoes, watches, phones, etc. All a school dress code which requires a uniform does for poor people is place a burden on them to buy specific clothes. 

45 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

No, that argument is pointless. Kids will find a way to differentiate, be it by makeup, hairstyle, accent, shoes, watches, phones, etc. All a school dress code which requires a uniform does for poor people is place a burden on them to buy specific clothes. 

Not pointless at all. Ever been to an American school with free dress code? It is as obvious as the nose on your face which kids come from middle to upper class families and which do not. School uniforms are an equalizer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

Not pointless at all. Ever been to an American school with free dress code? It is as obvious as the nose on your face which kids come from middle to upper class families and which do not. School uniforms are an equalizer. 

I have to refer you back to my original argument. It's still obvious. 

5 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

I have to refer you back to my original argument. It's still obvious. 

Which one is the rich kid? 

53ED6EA1-25AB-4A6C-A357-69074DEAE4D7.jpeg.2fd1f220f6c889056f9a2759b48da987.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 6:22 PM, Sawarot said:

Dress code is silly

Not always. It is not particularly comfortable to work in close proximity to people with violentor  racial hatred message tattoos.  I really do not wish to see a morbidly obese person's buttocks or jiggles when they wear too tight form fitting "jogging" pants. Nor do I appreciate the people who do not wear sufficient buttock covering  clothing such that they leave a big wet stain from where they were sitting. What  is silly are people with toe fungus/nail rot and filthy feet who wear flip flops to the office.

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

Easy. The kids distinguished themselves by branding, and  through accessories. I had a mandatory school uniform. The kids of affluence had tailor made wool or linen pants, while the "welfare" kids (as they were called) wore the generic off the shelf polyester blend. One  could wear high street deluxe leather Oxfords or the cheap plastic China shoes. backpack could be designer or  cheap tesco. Belts could be designer leather or cheap plastic.  Pure cotton shirts vs polyester shirts.  

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

You didn't read my post, did you? This is a photo and I'm not one of their peers. 

31 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Not always. It is not particularly comfortable to work in close proximity to people with violentor  racial hatred message tattoos.  I really do not wish to see a morbidly obese person's buttocks or jiggles when they wear too tight form fitting "jogging" pants. Nor do I appreciate the people who do not wear sufficient buttock covering  clothing such that they leave a big wet stain from where they were sitting. What  is silly are people with toe fungus/nail rot and filthy feet who wear flip flops to the office.

Easy. The kids distinguished themselves by branding, and  through accessories. I had a mandatory school uniform. The kids of affluence had tailor made wool or linen pants, while the "welfare" kids (as they were called) wore the generic off the shelf polyester blend. One  could wear high street deluxe leather Oxfords or the cheap plastic China shoes. backpack could be designer or  cheap tesco. Belts could be designer leather or cheap plastic.  Pure cotton shirts vs polyester shirts.  

There are still societal norms to some extent, you can still ask people to wear socks even if you don't impose rules around evening dress, swimwear or uniforms. Or how long the hem of a skirt can be. 

7 hours ago, Sawarot said:

You didn't read my post, did you? This is a photo and I'm not one of their peers.

I read both your posts. Conformity and reducing discrimination based on appearances is my point while yours seems to be about the cost of uniforms and the skirting of these attempts. We can agree to disagree on the effectiveness of uniforms as an equalizer.