News Forum - Phuket Taxi driver assaults 15 year old Australian passenger

Thaiger

An Australian father has filed an official complaint to Phuket police saying a local taxi driver assaulted his 15 year old daughter at a parking area in a shopping centre in the middle of the island. The driver was released after an investigation and confessing to police that he just wanted to admire the passenger’s short pants. Phuket taxis are in the spotlight again after complaints over expensive charges, and now this alleged sexual harassment incident. On April 30, the 44 year old Australian father ‘Christopher’ reported to Police at Choeng Thale Police Station that a taxi driver ‘touched his […]

The story Phuket Taxi driver assaults 15 year old Australian passenger as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"According to the report, the driver claimed the teenage passenger asked him about her pants… “How are my red pants, beautiful?” The driver told police he touched her legs and told her the pants were great. He insisted that he didn’t have any “sexual thoughts” and had a close relationship with her parents because they had used his taxi service twice before. He said he had no idea why they had filed a serious complaint against him."

He touches the leg of a 15 year old girl but didn't have "Sexual Thoughts".

Uh-Uh.

Yup.

Sure. 

Completely innocent.

A Misunderstanding.

What a stand-up guy who cared for his passenger.

Thailand REALLY needs to deal with this kind of perversion in it's society.

Hey Thailand! If your taxi drivers aren't smart enough to NOT touch a 15 year old foreign girl, then they aren't smart enough to be driving a taxi.

#MeToo

• Like 7

This doesn't make any sense. Why would a 15yr girl ask a 44 yr taxi driver to comment about her shorts. If it is 24yr man, may be can be acceptable. Unless the taxi driver is extremely attractive like a movie star. I have a feeling that such sex maniacs are  looking for easy target. Better to avoid his taxi.

• Like 3

It say more about the police that belief his story i not surprise by the incompetence it just confirm how i think about them  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vlad said:

What do you think the outcome will be with the Aussie family already back in Aus.

The Police have already dropped the case, so one more pervert remains on the streets.  Yet one more reason to stay away from Phuket folks, as if we needed another one . 

<Off-topic commentary removed>

Edited by KaptainRob
Off-topic comment relating to historic events removed

42 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

The Police have already dropped the case, so one more pervert remains on the streets.  Yet one more reason to stay away from Phuket folks, as if we needed another one . 

<Off-topic commentary removed>

No. Just stay away from all street taxi drivers. Can be presumed as scum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He just wanted to get to her Vegemite..

or thats the excuse I would have used.....

So! Do do you come from a Land Down Under?

11 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Thailand REALLY needs to deal with this kind of perversion in it's society.

I totally agree. The problem is that there are no adults to call out these things unless they are foreigners. Most Thai parents would see comments about their 15 year old being sexy and beautiful as a compliment. A touch of the skin with a comment about, say how white her skin was, would again be seen as a compliment. Things can only change when the society wants it. I just don’t see the Thais seeing anything wrong with this kind of behaviour. Over the years I’ve seen so many sick things like this take place and brushed aside as normal. The motorbike taxi mobs that hang around street corners or BTS stations are the worst. 

• Like 2

My girlfriend is Thai and doesn't like going to the local 7/11 because the old men that hang out in the area constantly leer and give inappropriate comments.

She always dresses conservatively to try to stop this but it seems that this is acceptable behaviour even though she expresses her dislike to the comments. 

My advice to anyone who experiences this kind of thing with taxi drivers is as  follows.

First, stay calm and take a picture of the drivers registration card displayed on the dashboard. Secondly take a picture of the vehicle registration plate. And thirdly report it to the police and post it on Facebook once you are out of the country. 

The alternative is to replace the Facebook step with putting 5,000 baht in the policeman’s hand and telling him he will get another 5,000 when the taxi driver is charged 🤔

• Like 1