News Forum - Feedback positive following cancellation of Test & Go entry scheme

Thaiger

Foreign tourists who’ve arrived since the cancellation of Test & Go have given the government’s decision the seal of approval, according to a Bangkok Post report. The publication spoke to a number of overseas arrivals to get their view on the simplified entry procedures. Canadian Kyle Sutherland confirmed that the decision to drop PCR testing on arrival has helped him save money. “I like Thai food and Thai boxing so I have decided to come despite the complicated regulations. But not having them makes my life easier. Moreover, all countries around the world are going to relax regulations for better […]

The story Feedback positive following cancellation of Test & Go entry scheme as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Any changes in policies will have certain ripple effects. However have to wait to see the "Waves"...

• Like 1

How would the feedback be anything other than positive? The decision to be shot in one leg rather than two was met with positive feedback!! 

Tourist numbers will obviously increase as a result. That doesn’t make it right other than a move in the right direction with a long way to go. The Bangkok Post has shifted significantly in recent years with such garbage reporting. They do the same thing with economic news and publishing of ridiculous surveys showing consumer confidence increasing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Foreign tourists who’ve arrived since the cancellation of Test & Go have given the government’s decision the seal of approval, according to a Bangkok Post report. The publication spoke to a number of overseas arrivals to get their view on the simplified entry procedures. Canadian Kyle Sutherland confirmed that the decision to drop PCR testing on arrival has helped him save money. “I like Thai food and Thai boxing so I have decided to come despite the complicated regulations. But not having them makes my life easier. Moreover, all countries around the world are going to relax regulations for better […]

The story Feedback positive following cancellation of Test & Go entry scheme as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well if true and they gave the seal of approval ,their idiots!

Bring on the endemic without pandemic rules and hoops

• Like 4

In my humble opinion, I think the Thailand pass does now have a place in tourism. But and it’s a big but. It should only be used to collect the details usually collected on the flight. which lets face it is a pain in the butt, with people getting pens out of overhead lockers etc.
No more attaching photos of your passport or any further documentation. It’s a big data risk that is unnecessary now. Common sense says that here is where you pre pay the 300bht and get a your entry voucher to hand in at immigration. As I say just a personal opinion.

Edited by BBY
  • Like 3

It's all got to go!

Entry as it was 2019.

2019 is quoted in article after article stating 40 million plus visitors that year.

Use the system that works, the one which made Thailand a must go to destination.

KISS:

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

• Like 2