News Forum - Building collapses in China, 18 people possibly still trapped

Thaiger

Just now, Poolie said:

Nope, doesn't exist. Check Harvard. Debunked it years ago. Do try and be current, if at all possible. 😃

Oh yeh my bad, better not be 50. I sure hope it’s at least 75 cent now because of the inflation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Oh yeh my bad, better not be 50. I sure hope it’s at least 75 cent now because of the inflation. 

Very good...almost witty. Hint: they dont use cents in China.

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Very good...almost witty. Hint: they dont use cents in China.

Yeh yeh, so basically still 50 cent, I am almost begin to feel sorry for you! Almost. I think you ll be more reputable if you post your boss’ outlet as a source: South China morning post 🤣

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Dont bother with Serpentza and his mate. They are renowned China haters. 

Yes they kidnap all happy and joyous citizens then remove all windows from buildings.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Poolie said:

Dont bother with Serpentza and his mate. They are renowned China haters. 

On the contrary they love China, the hate the CCP. The two things are not the same no matter how much the CCP tell you the are. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

On the contrary they love China, the hate the CCP. The two things are not the same no matter how much the CCP tell you the are. 

Gullible to say the least. 😀

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Gullible to say the least. 😀

If they are racist and hate China why are they both married to Chinese women and why did they both live in China for 26 years between them? Why did they spend most of those years promoting the good things about China. 

4 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

If they are racist and hate China why are they both married to Chinese women and why did they both live in China for 26 years between them? Why did they spend most of those years promoting the good things about China. 

Money.

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

Money.

What a joke. 🤣🤣🤣

Ones wife had a clerical job before having their first child and is now a stay at home mother and the others wife was a doctor in China but has given up her career as her medical degree is not recognised in the United States and she is also a stay at home mother. So where is the money? Neither of them is from a rich family. As for Their husbands bot we're English teachers before becoming full time vloggers and film makers so where is the money other than what they earned themselves?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

What a joke. 🤣🤣🤣

Ones wife had a clerical job before having their first child and is now a stay at home mother and the others wife was a doctor in China but has given up her career as her medical degree is not recognised in the United States and she is also a stay at home mother. So where is the money? Neither of them is from a rich family. As for Their husbands bot we're English teachers before becoming full time vloggers and film makers so where is the money other than what they earned themselves?

Winnie the Poolie of China does not understand doing something for anything other than just money…a totally foreign concept. Well! That makes complete sense now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 8:38 AM, Poolie said:

No, I live a fair way from Hong Kong in the mainland. Hong Kong is 600km distant from here. Never lived there. I live almost closer to Pattaya. Ghost cities are another western media myth. No-one builds anything unwanted. Everything is empty until people move in. Fact of life.

That might have been true 10 to 20 years ago, not anymore. You know before the Chinese population peaked. Now it's everywhere. To be fair most of it was owned, just not occupied. Unfortunately even that isn't the case anymore with a larger and larger percentage being unsold as the housing market collapsed last year. 

Data from the most recently published China Household Finance Survey, which Gan runs, shows that 21% of homes — some 65 million — were vacant as of 2017, The Wall Street Journal reported.

China's Ghost Cities Offer a Look Into Its Huge Housing-Market Problem (businessinsider.com)

In November, China’s new homes continued to face “supply exceeding demand” with 44.95 million square metres on the supply side and 34.37 million square metres in home transactions by volume, the Shanghai-based institution said. “The biggest problem in current supply and demand is the prominent weakness in home transactions,” said E-house in its report. The property woes have hammered smaller cities with persistent population outflows or uncertain economic prospects, leading to a build-up in local housing inventories.

China’s unsold housing stock hits five-year high | Business and Economy | Al Jazeera

Don't worry as long as you never sell, you can't lose money. Just leave it for your kids or family ... oh, that's right you don't actually own the property, it's just a lease. Well as long as you pretend everything is ok. 

6 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Nice try.  Throw the rope away. 😃

The article is from October of 2021. If you could get the CCP to publish data more often … oh right they don’t like doing that. Got to keep that stuff secret hahaha. 

Data from the most recently published China Household Finance Survey

53 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

The article is from October of 2021. If you could get the CCP to publish data more often … oh right they don’t like doing that. Got to keep that stuff secret hahaha. 

Data from the most recently published China Household Finance Survey

Jolly good. I hope you got some comfort from it. 😀