News Forum - Airlines worldwide ordered to follow new entry measures for Thailand from May 1

Thaiger

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has instructed all airlines to follow the new entry measures applicable from Sunday, according to a Nation Thailand report. The notification follows the decision by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration to drop the Test & Go entry scheme. This means overseas arrivals no longer need to undergo PCR testing on arrival or book a SHA+ hotel room in which to wait for their test results. According to the Nation Thailand report, the CAAT has issued the following notice to airlines flying to Thailand. 1. Vaccinated passengers can enter Thailand without having to take […]

The story Airlines worldwide ordered to follow new entry measures for Thailand from May 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

did it yesterday afternoon i ve receive my QR  code by email few hours latter. it did not take 3 days at all. the process is easy and clearly explained, yo u just have to get ur paperwork ready at the right format.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RJBT said:

What do i do who does not have a smartphone and having no intention of buying one

I'm sure the Thai authorities will create some special hoops for you to attempt to jump through.

15 hours ago, RJBT said:

What do i do who does not have a smartphone and having no intention of buying one

Print all the information and show them that way. Hopefully they do not have it in palce to make everyone having to down load their tracker application, and if they do then you will need a smart phone. I actually have a second cheap 2500 baht phone that is used only for that if needed. Has a separat number on it. Since I don't travel outside of Thailand it is collecting dust now.

"in order to claim for treatment expenses if they test positive". So, it means that only if you have symptoms and test positive for COVID-19 but if you're asymptomatic and have COVID-19, it's our option to isolate in our own hotel instead of paying for the quarantine room or hospitel.

On 4/30/2022 at 6:48 AM, pascal said:

did it yesterday afternoon i ve receive my QR  code by email few hours latter. it did not take 3 days at all. the process is easy and clearly explained, yo u just have to get ur paperwork ready at the right format.

I have a question. 

Did u purchase thai insurance or are u allow to use your hometown insurance that does covering over 10000 USD too?? I am confuse. I sent attachment of my own insurance. It does the same. 

I'm thai with swiss passport. I enter and registrated in foreign Button because i dont have thai ID card.

I'm confuse about the conditions.

I'm just curious why do I have to buy insurance eben though I already have insurance that does the same.

Can anybody recommend the cheapest 10k Covid insurance in Thailand?

Yes, I know there are several insurance sponsored by Thaiger but I would like to hear from actual users themselves.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:22 PM, RJBT said:

If you don’t move with the times, then you get left behind. I’d suggest your life will become increasingly difficult without a smart phone and ability to scan QR codes etc etc etc. Good Luck…

4 hours ago, piyanat said:

I have a question. 

Did u purchase thai insurance or are u allow to use your hometown insurance that does covering over 10000 USD too?? I am confuse. I sent attachment of my own insurance. It does the same. 

I'm thai with swiss passport. I enter and registrated in foreign Button because i dont have thai ID card.

I'm just curious why do I have to buy insurance eben though I already have insurance that does the same.

If you are confused and a Thai national, then imagine what foreigners feel. My advice is you drop an email in Thai to your immigration ministry and explain how confusing it is.  They may, just may, take more notice of someone who can write in Thai?????

On 4/29/2022 at 5:57 AM, Thaiger said:

Airlines worldwide ordered

That makes it sound like Thailands military dictatorship is spilling out of its boarders 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

That makes it sound like Thailands military dictatorship is spilling out of its boarders 🤔

It is phrased in a provocative way I guess to sensationalise but it's quite normal for all countries to issue directives to Airlines that land in their countries to follow set procedures to be allowed to continue accessing their airports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Indeed. Instructed or even advised given it’s a relaxation of rules. I do sometimes think these provocative terms are down to translation issues??  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 5:47 PM, piyanat said:

I have a question. 

i did buy travel insurance with jetstar when i booked my ticket, i did load the certificate and all went good. you can take any insurance you like you just need to be sure it does cover the requirement. mine goes beyond what thailand does imposed so i m not concerned. This said once you have your QR i do not thing there any anything to be worry about. If you get in with your swiss passport you ll be a swiss citizen not thai. as far as i see nothing state you must buy thai insurance.