News Forum - Officials inspect Phuket airport ahead of entry restriction ease

Thaiger

Ahead of Thailand’s plan to ease entry restrictions starting May 1, officials inspected a Phuket airport yesterday to inspect how ready it was for the expected massive tourist influx. The secretary-general of Thailand’s National Security Council went to make sure Phuket International Airport was ready to welcome tourists back to the island province. Among the officials joining the secretary-general at the airport were Phuket Vice Governor Pichet Panapong, and the Tourism Authority of Thailand Phuket Office. There were also officials from government agencies, including immigration. Historically a renowned tourist hotspot, Phuket has been gut-punched by the Covid-19 pandemic. Several businesses […]

The story Officials inspect Phuket airport ahead of entry restriction ease as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Their cluelessness never ceases to amaze. Do they not realize tourists take months to plan trips?

Sure there will be a bump the first couple days as many people will shift trips from the end of April to May—but there’s not going to be a massive influx. 

In general people will research covid restrictions. And most people don’t want to take a “vacation” to a place with more covid restrictions. Wear a mask outdoors. Close the bars—ehmmm-restraunts at midnight. You want to see temples in 40 degree heat in a mask. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JJJ said:

Their cluelessness never ceases to amaze. Do they not realize tourists take months to plan trips?

Sure there will be a bump the first couple days as many people will shift trips from the end of April to May—but there’s not going to be a massive influx. 

In general people will research covid restrictions. And most people don’t want to take a “vacation” to a place with more covid restrictions. Wear a mask outdoors. Close the bars—ehmmm-restraunts at midnight. You want to see temples in 40 degree heat in a mask. 

I totally agree, I now have several friends now heading to Madeira, Canaries, Mexico, Vietnam and Malaysia, all were coming here but wouldn't wait any longer for the rules to change, at all these destinations they are free to walk around without  wearing a mask, buy alcohol anytime of the day, go to entertainment venues and generally do what people do on holiday, have a good time! Who can blame them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

I totally agree, I now have several friends now heading to Madeira, Canaries, Mexico, Vietnam and Malaysia, all were coming here but wouldn't wait any longer for the rules to change, at all these destinations they are free to walk around without  wearing a mask, buy alcohol anytime of the day, go to entertainment venues and generally do what people do on holiday, have a good time! Who can blame them.

Absolutely no-one!! I'm sure they'll have a ripping time! Bye-ee! 😃