News Forum - Famous Thai YouTuber under fire for collecting hermit crabs

Thaiger

A famous YouTuber ‘OauJun Hi-End‘ with 4.5 million subscribers, posted a video of himself collecting a bunch of hermit crabs and bringing them home. He posted a video yesterday apologising for catching them, as he didn’t know he would attract so much attention. Varawut Silpa-archa, the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, says he will investigate him for his actions. A lot of people demanded the YouTuber free the hermit crabs where he had caught them. The Minister asked sponsors and viewers to boycott OauJun Hi-End, saying that his actions could have a negative impact on the younger audience, and […]

The story Famous Thai YouTuber under fire for collecting hermit crabs as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

“but the YouTuber could face legal action if he is guilty of catching them from a national park, which he didn’t.”

Could he also face legal action for murder, which he didn’t do?  Or maybe legal charges for theft, which he didn’t do? 

The kid took some unprotected species of crab from the sea and took them home. Kids have been doing this kind of thing for generations. Far better to post such videos than the usual things of getting pissed up in Nightclubs. 

• Like 2

On 4/28/2022 at 3:17 PM, Thaiger said:

a bunch of hermit crabs and bringing them home. He posted a video yesterday apologising for catching them

Something that's always baffled me: How do you catch crabs if you're a hermit?

• Haha 2

They are just worried of a monkey see monkey do scenario. The one thing I see is these You tubers and Tik Tok posters are always trying to out-do each or copy the act to get more clicks and at some point this has or may turn ugly an volatile. So in a sense I sort of understand the fuss about it. I never ever ever thought of taking a hermit crab home and would never ever do such a stupid thing. Such fun lovely creatures and this dude has 4.5 million subscribers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

The one thing I see is these You tubers and Tik Tok posters are always trying to out-do each or copy the act to get more clicks and at some point this has or may turn ugly an volatile.

Yea this is a good point. With social media it’s a race to the bottom (they think it’s the top). Ban him from catching crabs for the rest of his life. A fair few people visiting Thailand would be happy with that as a punishment 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yea this is a good point. With social media it’s a race to the bottom (they think it’s the top). Ban him from catching crabs for the rest of his life. A fair few people visiting Thailand would be happy with that as a punishment 😉

Yeah, our new generation is on the verge of spiraling out of control really quick. Can you believe they are selling property in metaverses now?

7 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, our new generation is on the verge of spiraling out of control really quick. Can you believe they are selling property in metaverses now?

Yes I saw that. Land also 😂😂😂. World has gone mad

47 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I saw that. Land also 😂😂😂. World has gone mad

Yes it has unless you are wealthy and want to control that as well. Now if I died and my soul could go there and it is another dimensional real life there then ok, but I still have to pay for it. But it cannot be extracting my worth of my mind and my soul to put it into smething like that. Just let me pass away and die the normal way and my ming thoughts and soul go to the next plateau with no computer push.

• Like 1