TAT thinking up ways quarantine might be relaxed for tourists returning from Thailand

Thaiger

The ever-inventive Tourism Authority of Thailand is looking at ways quarantine might be eased for tourists visiting Thailand, both on arrival here and on their return home. TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn says “city bubbles” and activity-based travel arrangements in sandbox destinations could be the way forward. The arrangement would be between low-risk cities and would mean tourists could visit destinations considered “safe” in Thailand’s sandbox programme. “Even though international arrivals can visit sandbox areas with quarantine-free entry, they might face quarantine back home as Thailand is still perceived as high risk.” Yuthasak has been busy thinking about who could be […]

The post TAT thinking up ways quarantine might be relaxed for tourists returning from Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So TAT thinks the Chinese might relax the quarantine requirement headed into the Winter Olympics? Wow that’s a tough sell at best. 

• Like 2

What is wrong with their education? Even this ministers are speaking like this think about their other officers. Wedding bubbles and baby bubbles in Thailand? Where they just flip flop everything within hours or minutes? You might be kicked off from the country on your labour day or due date. Never believe this mafia army govt fools with your new born babies life. Stay away from Thailand until this army govt is dethroned. 

Wow no word about the conditions in the sanbox for the tourists. Maybe some could explain them to ask the tourists what they want, to know why they not come.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Markus said:

in Finland, Thailand is considered high-risk so it's 14 days quarantine on arrival

Ah, 'Where is Thailand considered high risk?' was the 64K dollar question, earlier today, so thanks for answering that. I guess that's because Finland's Covid history has been amongst the world's best . . . yes?

Hello, Markus and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

We in Australia are not allowed to go overseas and return without prior approval - other than New Zealand. Even our cricketers had trouble getting back home from India when their outbreak went ballistic. 

• Haha 1

Amazing... these guys are so ignorant and so unaccountable in Thailand, they now trying to teach others how to run their countries

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

We in Australia are not allowed to go overseas and return without prior approval - other than New Zealand. ~

Formerly a penal colony, now a Police State ... 

You can gain approval to travel if for more than 3 months o/s, but you'd only do so if prepared for the inevitable quarantine and associated entry requirements both ways .... not worth the hassle for a holiday or short family visit. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

36 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Formerly a penal colony, now a Police State ... 

You can gain approval to travel if for more than 3 months o/s, but you'd only do so if prepared for the inevitable quarantine and associated entry requirements both ways .... not worth the hassle for a holiday or short family visit. 

well, but in Australia all is under control and personally i am happy with this, as many other Australian peoples, i am french since 14 years in Australian, it would have wised if the french government did follow the Australian exemple. in short your remark is, and i will be politically correct, rubbish. Australia has a policy to protect the country from everything bad which could  get in, there are good reason for it. however it s true many are not able to understand this. Police state you said, well i do feel so free in what you call a police state. Do i want to travel? of course yes, i am pilot travelling is my life, but i ll do only when this bug will be either eradicated or under control

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pascal said:

~ in short your remark is, and i will be politically correct, rubbish. ~

Pascal, mon ami, 14 years in Australia and you can't take a joke!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My partner is Thai I am English not seen her for well over a year. We want to get married. I'm not a tourist. I've had both vaccines. Travel should be easy not booking through thai embassy . Covid is already in Thailand they will not get on top of it have to learn to live with it! I am zero threat to any thai. All their covid comes through land borders zero quarantine and people not had vaccine !!! I dont want to go to Phuket 14days high priced hotels and 3 covid tests???? Crazy!!! Will not get 10'000 to Phuket government say 600'000 crazy!!! Thai people in Phuket not had vaccine for 14 days before July 1st. Planes there will cancel flights as only have 20 people onboard need 200!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve said:

My partner is Thai I am English not seen her for well over a year. We want to get married. I'm not a tourist. I've had both vaccines. Travel should be easy not booking through thai embassy . Covid is already in Thailand they will not get on top of it have to learn to live with it! I am zero threat to any thai. All their covid comes through land borders zero quarantine and people not had vaccine !!! I dont want to go to Phuket 14days high priced hotels and 3 covid tests???? Crazy!!! Will not get 10'000 to Phuket government say 600'000 crazy!!! Thai people in Phuket not had vaccine for 14 days before July 1st. Planes there will cancel flights as only have 20 people onboard need 200!!! 

Believe me, Steve, everyone here feels for you at what must be a more than exasperating time, with you wanting to be with - and to marry! - your Thai partner. I'd be going hairless, I'm sure, but we can do little more than to wait and to hope for the situation to improve. Prayut's recent '120-days total reopening' announcements may at least give some hope, there.

Hello Steve and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

21 hours ago, pascal said:

well, but in Australia all is under control and personally i am happy with this, as many other Australian peoples, i am french since 14 years in Australian, it would have wised if the french government did follow the Australian exemple. in short your remark is, and i will be politically correct, rubbish. Australia has a policy to protect the country from everything bad which could  get in, there are good reason for it. however it s true many are not able to understand this. Police state you said, well i do feel so free in what you call a police state. Do i want to travel? of course yes, i am pilot travelling is my life, but i ll do only when this bug will be either eradicated or under control

I hear you and can see what you are saying - but me thinks Covid will never be eradicated or under control any more than Influenza A or B - looks like you will be in Aust forever.  Australia took the police state approach (like China) and they have succeeded - albeit from a very low base. Now they close down suburbs and cities when only a few cases are identified. But at some point they will need to accept they cannot stop it forever - early to mid 2022  I would say - when vaccination levels reach the same as in USA etc. Any longer than that and people will start to rebel - catch 22 situation. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

18 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I hear you and can see what you are saying - but me thinks Covid will never be eradicated or under control any more than Influenza A or B - looks like you will be in Aust forever.  Australia took the police state approach (like China) and they have succeeded - albeit from a very low base. Now they close down suburbs and cities when only a few cases are identified. But at some point they will need to accept they cannot stop it forever - early to mid 2022  I would say - when vaccination levels reach the same as in USA etc. Any longer than that and people will start to rebel - catch 22 situation. 

A revolution in Oz?  That would be a turn up for the books.  Would be interesting if all states other than NSW seceded from the Federation. :)

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

A revolution in Oz?  That would be a turn up for the books.  Would be interesting if all states other than NSW seceded from the Federation. :)

Western Australia have often said they will secede when they dont get what they want - maybe this will be the final straw?

• Haha 1