AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines to be donated to Thailand from Japan

Thaiger

As Thailand’s vaccine supply runs short due to production delays, the Japanese government has offered to donate doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine, according to Thailand’s health minister Anutin Charnvirakul. An agreement is set to be signed this week and vaccine doses would be delivered next month. Anutin only gave a brief statement and did not say how many doses Japan is donating. Thailand launched its mass vaccination campaign this month with AstraZeneca vaccines produced locally by Siam Bioscience, which is wholly owned by a subsidiary of the Crown Property Bureau. Siam Bioscience is set to be the Southeast Asian […]

The post AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines to be donated to Thailand from Japan appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

In my country the advice around Astra Zeneca has changed. It is now recommended only for people 60 years of age and over, due to the blood clotting issue (as extremely remote as the possibility of death or sever illness is from taking the vaccine). Given the number of people over 60 in Thailand and the lack of supply locally, it is absolutely the right thing to try and procure as many doses as possible of Astra Zeneca. I have had the first dose of Astra Zeneca and I am under 60. There were no side effects. I would also encourage Thais over 50 who may have had a first dose of Astra Zeneca, to take the second dose (3 months later). Mixing vaccines is untested and potentially dangerous.

• Like 2