News Forum - Koh Samui eyes European tourists following cancellation of Test & Go

Thaiger

All eyes are on European tourists after the Thai government confirmed the Test & Go entry scheme will be ditched from May. On Koh Samui, the Tourism Authority of Thailand has met with local tourism associations, as well as over 30 leading European travel agencies. The get-together was to showcase several tourism attractions, activities, and hotels on the island, in the hope of seeing an increase in overseas visitors from next month. According to a Pattaya News report, the TAT’s director for Europe, Africa, and the Middle East believes foreign tourists will find travel to Thailand much more convenient now […]

The story Koh Samui eyes European tourists following cancellation of Test & Go as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Been to Koh Samui twice …..not one positive experience ….. just a deteriorating dump with restrictive travel options. Phuket by contrast is the ideal tropical island paradise experience. 

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Been to Koh Samui twice …..not one positive experience ….. just a deteriorating dump with restrictive travel options. Phuket by contrast is the ideal tropical island paradise experience. 

We've been there a few times and enjoyed the area we stayed (Bohput). Took a tour of the Island and saw areas we wouldn't consider staying. Last stayed 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, Guevara said:

We've been there a few times and enjoyed the area we stayed (Bohput). Took a tour of the Island and saw areas we wouldn't consider staying. Last stayed 3 years ago.

Just a pointless place with too much superior competition.

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

All eyes are on European tourists after the Thai government confirmed the Test & Go entry scheme will be ditched from May. On Koh Samui, the Tourism Authority of Thailand has met with local tourism associations, as well as over 30 leading European travel agencies. The get-together was to showcase several tourism attractions, activities, and hotels on the island, in the hope of seeing an increase in overseas visitors from next month. According to a Pattaya News report, the TAT’s director for Europe, Africa, and the Middle East believes foreign tourists will find travel to Thailand much more convenient now […]

The story Koh Samui eyes European tourists following cancellation of Test & Go as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It somehow amazes me how Thai tourism operators continue to believe that hords of tourists will now visit Thailand just because some restrictions have been lifted. As long as the need for a Thai Pass remains in place, I predict that the number of new arrivals will not go through the roof. 

• Like 1

I went to Cheweng Beach in Samui in 2019. Didn't impress me,  hard and expensive to get there  in a prop-driven plane only Bangkok Airways flew there, a stupid 1-way system in Cheweng, and was asked to hand over my passport if I wanted to hire a bike out. Which they kept till I took the bike back.