Bangkok police warn that protests planned for Thursday break the Emergency Decree

Thaiger

Bangkok police are warning pro-democracy activists that they may face legal again if they hold a rally. Several Bangkok-based groups backing the movement pushing for monarchy and government reform are planning to hold a rally on Thursday to commemorate the anniversary of the 1932 Siam Revolution. On July 24, 1932, the Khana Ratsadon political party, which means “Peoples’ Party,” led the nearly-bloodless overthrow, transitioning to a constitutional monarchy after nearly 800 years of absolute monarchy. While restrictions in Bangkok are loosening up, gatherings of more than 50 people are still prohibited to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Deputy commissioner […]

The post Bangkok police warn that protests planned for Thursday break the Emergency Decree appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Emergency Decree? Hasn't the big boy lifted that as part of 120-day 'opening-up Thailand' commitment?

I understood that to be one of the many facets of his outline of the plan,

• Cool 1

'led the nearly-bloodless overthrow'

What's that mean? Highly anaemic?

Well I guess the Penguin is back to rude health anyway.

5 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Emergency Decree? Hasn't the big boy lifted that as part of 120-day 'opening-up Thailand' commitment?

The dictator will probably never lift it. It took the place of the article 44 

• Cool 2

They use the emergency degree and covid to opress protests and the people of Thailand. Like all evil Dictaorships who overthrow elected governments by force and a coup. How junta governments end up we could see in the history and in Myanmar. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

14 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Dictaors and criminals hate free speech and the truth.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

One has to understand, the emergency decree "cannot" be lifted, it's the whole foundation for being able to give the vaccines the emergency seal of approval. If no emergency decree or state of emergency, then they can't continue using those vaccines, without testing them properly on animals before humans, in which case, the manufacturers could be held accountable for any side-effects or deaths - and God forbid that - this is the new wonderful normal. 

• Cool 1

5 hours ago, ThomasG said:

One has to understand, the emergency decree "cannot" be lifted, it's the whole foundation for being able to give the vaccines the emergency seal of approval. If no emergency decree or state of emergency, then they can't continue using those vaccines, without testing them properly on animals before humans, in which case, the manufacturers could be held accountable for any side-effects or deaths - and God forbid that - this is the new wonderful normal. 

There is no emergency degree in europe, so your theory isn't true 

• Like 1

I get it, democracy is important. However the country is still in a much greater crisis. I would postpone all activities until vaccination is successful. 

7 hours ago, Stardust said:

There is no emergency degree in europe, so your theory isn't true 

Or most other civilized countries 

• Like 1