Jump to content

News Forum - Elon Musk buys Twitter, vows to ‘unlock’ platform’s ‘tremendous potential’


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

The world’s richest man has bought the world’s more divisive social media platform. Elon Musk succeeded in buying Twitter Inc, after the board approved his offer of US$44 billion cash on Monday. The purchase gives Musk control of the social media platform, which has nearly 400 million users, including influential world leaders. Prior to the takeover, Musk had purchased a 9% stake of the company. On his personal Twitter account, Must announced his purchase, saying… “Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are […]

The story Elon Musk buys Twitter, vows to ‘unlock’ platform’s ‘tremendous potential’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just shows you how much the news people know, or don't know.  I read several reports of this deal this morning, with reported cost from $44 Billion (FT), through $35 billion (WP) to $33 billion ( Times), to $30 (The Sun ) billion.  But what's a few Billion to these people.  Its all going to end in tears one day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Oh Elon, what have you done….. 🙄 

His previous tweets have managed to send stocks going up or tumbling so I expect him to wield his influence through twitter to drive up Tesla, SpaceX and his especially dearest Dogecoin 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And one previous Tesla related tweet cost $40 million in fines and, more importantly, his chairman’s position at Tesla. The “t” in Twitter could become his personal crucifix. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh dear many of the liberal left are now threatening to leave Twitter, seems they are none too happy with free speech.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Oh dear many of the liberal left are now threatening to leave Twitter, seems they are none too happy with free speech.

Many always threaten, but stick around and complain.  2016 was a perfect example, as many said they would move to Canada but never did.  The addiction will continue.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if Elon might be interested in buying the BBC after he's got twitter up and running. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I wonder if Elon might be interested in buying the BBC after he's got twitter up and running. 

I doubt that he is interested in a loss making, leftie, biased, dysfunctional, old fashioned, organization like the BBC, staffed by second raters. No up side there at all.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 7:18 AM, Fanta said:

And one previous Tesla related tweet cost $40 million in fines and, more importantly, his chairman’s position at Tesla. The “t” in Twitter could become his personal crucifix. 

That "fine" was pretty worthless, as he paid it by buying more Tesla stock. Which then increased his wealth even more later on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2022 at 7:09 AM, Noble_Design said:

His previous tweets have managed to send stocks going up or tumbling so I expect him to wield his influence through twitter to drive up Tesla, SpaceX and his especially dearest Dogecoin 

SpaceX isn't publicly traded. Why would he care what Twitter and SpaceX are worth anyway?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Guphz said:

SpaceX isn't publicly traded. Why would he care what Twitter and SpaceX are worth anyway?

Oh so you mean a private company can't go public later? I'm surprised

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, Noble_Design said:

Oh so you mean a private company can't go public later? I'm surprised

Sure it can, but what does that have to do with today's situation? How can he drive up SpaceX when it isn't even publicly traded today?

By the way, Musk has said that he doesn't want to take SpaceX public. He will do so with Starlink instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use