News Forum - Daughter of former PM calls for ‘landslide win’ in Thailand’s general election

Thaiger

Panthongtae Shinawatra, the daughter of exiled former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, has repeated her call for supporters to vote for the Pheu Thai Party in Thailand’s upcoming general election. Addressing party members at her party’s general assembly on Sunday, she said only a “landslide win” would do. “Pheu Thai is ready to work after a House dissolution. A landslide win. That’s the only thing that Pheu Thai wants.” The party’s chief advisor on participation and innovation, Panthongtae is pegged to run for PM, though she has not yet formally declared herself the party’s prime ministerial candidate. However, as the heir […]

The story Daughter of former PM calls for ‘landslide win’ in Thailand’s general election as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

imo, the chances of a 35 year old female gaining and retaining prime ministerial power in Thailand are, shall we say, not high. Even if she has a golden surname.

no chance. That old uncle creepy creep that wears silly pink and purple suits & sports a jet black combover will figure away to make her go away

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

I was with it until I came to the part about 80 millions turist then my chain fell of. 

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

If the party wins the upcoming election, they would set a benchmark of boosting the number of international tourists by 80 million within 4 years (that would [be] twice the number of tourists visiting Thailand than the last year of ‘full’ tourism in 2019)

Why the disbelief? All that needs to be done is to count each tourist arrival twice. Job done.
<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

• Haha 1

Where do these considerably over-optimistic, tourist predictions come from?

I believe there will not be a dry leg in the house.

🤣

• Haha 2