News Forum - Residents call for action after finding used condoms at Pattaya public park

Thaiger

Residents exercising at Pattaya’s Khao Phra Tamnak Public Park today are demanding authorities put stricter measures and patrols after they found many used condoms and rubbish left there. The residents said that many Thais and foreigners visited the park, and the state of the park “spoiled Pattaya’s reputation”. Yesterday, a man who visited the park to exercise complained through Thai social media. He said he spotted a used condom on the walkway while jogging and tried to find where it may have come from. He suddenly spotted another used condom hanging on a tree branch. The man posted that there […]

The story Residents call for action after finding used condoms at Pattaya public park as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

“spoiled Pattaya’s reputation”

555555!!

What, exactly, do they expect the authorities to do other than stifle their laughter?

• Like 7

He said he spotted a used condom on the walkway while jogging and tried to find where it may have come from. 

Wonder what he was expecting to find??????😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, palooka said:

He said he spotted a used condom on the walkway while jogging and tried to find where it may have come from. 

Wonder what he was expecting to find??????😂

Actually he just wanted to know where can he buy similar ultra thin ones that's why he's trying to find the owner

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

He suddenly spotted another used condom hanging on a tree branch.

A Rubber Tree?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Pattaya has its own reputation for a very long time. It has been described as "The Heaven on Earth" for visitors. Further the Thai government have been openly giving away condoms to the public. However they failed to provide the privacy for condom users. Further hotels are also not an economical choice in view of the additional costs involved. So what can they do. They have to use the free condoms. May be the authorities should put bins along the walkway in the park so that it can be disposed properly from eyesight.

• Like 5

Do they mean "Buddha Hill"? The place is overrun by stray dogs. Do they mean people enjoy condom-requiring activities in the bushes of Buddha Hill at night? At what end? Near the meteorological station?

The municipality could place wastebins at strategical locations. And threaten to fine those not using them. Should be easy to identify them using genetical samples which are usually found inside a used condom... 😇

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Janneman said:

The municipality could place wastebins at strategical locations. And threaten to fine those not using them. Should be easy to identify them using genetical samples which are usually found inside a used condom... 😇

Using genetic testing requires a data base. How well do you think such a collection of data would go down with the public? Some elderly farangs  had conniptions when asked to  download the Thai covid app

Edited by Vigo
  • Haha 1

Put up a sign that directs them to toss them into a recycle bin. My guess it is immigrants with discount walkers or perhaps it’s a meeting point for the gay community as parks have been their thrill thing for years and years now. 

25 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And I thought I was being a cheap Charlie paying 400 baht for a short time room. I got some learning to do! 

Doing the wild thing out in nature in the semi open can be extremely exciting. But I’m not thinking I want to be stepping on discarded tubes that squish and eject a slime under your feet when stepped on. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sawarot said:

Do they mean "Buddha Hill"? The place is overrun by stray dogs. Do they mean people enjoy condom-requiring activities in the bushes of Buddha Hill at night? At what end? Near the meteorological station?

With the emphasis on the word 'bush'.
Perhaps the stray dogs are the culprits?

11 hours ago, Sawarot said:

Sounds like you know an awful lot about it... 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sawarot said:

Maybe it is the discarded filled tubes that are attracting the strays and their hunger issues. Sounds gross but those mutts will eat anything.

18 hours ago, JustAnotherExpat said:

555555!!

What, exactly, do they expect the authorities to do other than stifle their laughter?

Provide appropriate bins, also for dog poo bags, something this lot have still to realise.  Its not rocket science is it? The park where i walk my dogs, albeit a private park, has hazardous waste bins that can be used for both purposes.