News Forum - Monday Covid Update: 14,994 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

124 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 27,899 with 6,201 of those fatalities since the start of this year. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 14,994 new Covid-19 cases and 23,524 recoveries. There are now 174,500 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 19 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start of the pandemic last year, the CCSA has recorded 4,180,868 confirmed […]

The story Monday Covid Update: 14,994 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

These figures might mean something if they actually stated how many PCR tests they have done.

Everyone that I know who has contracted covid recently ( and there are a lot!) have only had antigen tests so they are not included in the figures.

• Like 3

Based on everything I read before Songkran, there must be a typo. I guess you meant 149,000 or so new cases because otherwise the geniuses who predicted a post-songkran spike were … um … what’s the word? Wrong? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Based on everything I read before Songkran, there must be a typo. I guess you meant 149,000 or so new cases because otherwise the geniuses who predicted a post-songkran spike were … um … what’s the word? Wrong? 

Whats the matter,can’t you trust the science here?

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Whats the matter,can’t you trust the science here?

They’ve been spot on the whole time. It’s just pesky things like facts that get in the way. 

• Like 1

Time to stop these daily statistics. Nobody cares much anymore because  they’ve either had these mild Omicron symptoms themselves or know several people who have. In any event the true level of covid ‘infections’ is probably running at least 5 times higher because many people don’t know they’ve had it or they can’t be bothered to travel miles on a scooter to their nearest hospital if they live in country areas for a headache and a runny nose. Still, it would be nice to put this into context by giving us infection and death rates for all the other 10 most common respiratory diseases that people sadly die of. For a population of 66 million this runs into hundreds every day,