News Forum - Phuket Yacht destroyed in fire, damage worth estimated 16 million baht

Thaiger

A massive fire destroyed and sank a yacht in Phuket’s Thalang province yesterday. Officials who inspected the boat believe the fire may have been caused by an electrical short-circuit, however a further investigation is still underway. No passengers were on the ship when it was scorched, and no injuries were reported. Firefighters and locals tried to help put the fire out, but in the end, only the prow of the vessel stayed above water. Oil boom barriers were placed in the water to prevent potential oil spills. The yacht, a luxury catamaran, was known as the ‘Jimmy Blue’, and had […]

The story Phuket Yacht destroyed in fire, damage worth estimated 16 million baht as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why are non related stories that only have a smidgen of similarity (this case fire) being added into articles?

Assumed electrical fire on boat. Not coffee shop or many other shops. Is a catamaran considered a yacht? 

My only real thought is ( on this story), was it an accident or for insurance? 

Used to call them Jewish stocktakes when I was a kid but I'd probably get into trouble saying that now.

Damn did it again. Must be getting old. Get into trouble for saying anything these days.