News Forum - In Thailand, more than half of children who die from Covid-19 are under 5

Thaiger

In January, over half of children who died in Thailand from Covid-19 were under five years old, and therefore too young to be vaccinated. Meanwhile, the number of deaths from Covid-19 surged following the Songkran holiday, according to a Chulalongkorn University lecturer. The lecturer, Dr. Thira Worathanarat, wrote in a Facebook post yesterday that Thailand has recorded the eighth-highest number of Covid-19 deaths in the world. The country’s government urges parents to get vaccinated, and is instructing public hospitals to launch a special treatment system for children infected after the school year starts. Hospitals have been ordered to arrange beds, […]

The story In Thailand, more than half of children who die from Covid-19 are under 5 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It might help to give the actual number of children who died from Covid. News like this gives the impression the number runs in the hundreds or thousands. While in reality there are probably less than a dozen.

Most children only develop very mild symptoms when infected with Covid. Unless they are in a high-risk class, and already suffering from other illnesses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Meanwhile, the number of deaths from Covid-19 surged following the Songkran holiday, according to a Chulalongkorn University lecturer.

This doesn’t make sense. The end of Songkran was just one week ago. It’s highly unlikely that anyone who contracted the virus during the Songkran holiday would have developed symptom so bad that they then died, all within 7-10 days. This indicates that case numbers among the elderly and vulnerable were already significantly rising prior to Songkran and it’s those people who have since gone on to die. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is really sad to see those children leaving this world at an early age. Now there could be another issue also which is complications in Children due to preexisting medical conditions which prohibit them from having the vaccines. Normally children will develop their immune system and quick recovery especially in Asian countries as they are nurtured with mother's milk from birth till early ages which plays a vital role in their immune system development. Unless there are other underlying issues.....

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Transam said:

Are you a doctor in the know...?

Nope, I just want to know the actual number. Which most likely is a dozen, or less. The way the news is brought now may create some panic. As if half of the children under 5 will die from Covid.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Janneman said:

It might help to give the actual number of children who died from Covid. News like this gives the impression the number runs in the hundreds or thousands. While in reality there are probably less than a dozen.

Most children only develop very mild symptoms when infected with Covid. Unless they are in a high-risk class, and already suffering from other illnesses.

Also it might help to say, what "underlying sickness" this kids had.

Since it isn't age , like with the adult numbers, what ist it, that get them the higher risk in their group? Can it be bodyweight? Or ...?

Without giving the number of deaths this is just another deceptive report designed to scare people into vaccinating young children. If you really want to make a child sick simply subject them to "sealed travel routes", social distancing , surveys, examinations and constant temperature checks to fill them full of fear and anxiety. Then have them constantly cleaning their hands with toxic hand sanitizers while repeatedly cleaning their classrooms with toxic chemicals. Top that off with mask wearing, which limits their oxygen and can cause deadly bacterial pneumonia, and its no wonder that more of them will sicken and die. They don't need vaccines. They need relief from these insane "Covid" measures.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I suppose Mr. Fanta would rather have another "win" for the ignorant. I guess he would rather have children tortured indefinitely for no good reason. This whole "pandemic" is based on testing and there is no validated test for this "virus". Stop testing and "Covid" is finished. This madness needs to stop before more children are irreversibly injured by these "anti-Covid" measures and magic injections.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Truthme said:

I suppose Mr. Fanta would rather have another "win" for the ignorant. I guess he would rather have children tortured indefinitely for no good reason. This whole "pandemic" is based on testing and there is no validated test for this "virus". Stop testing and "Covid" is finished. This madness needs to stop before more children are irreversibly injured by these "anti-Covid" measures and magic injections.

Just curious:

How are children under 5 "irreversibly injured", other than by contracting the virus?

• Like 1

Read somewhere a very long time ago, so don't ask for a link, that children do not really have a strong immune system until age 4-5 when they really start mixing with other children.

Some Thais are also not interested in breast feeding, wifes daughter just had a daughter 3 weeks ago and was not interested in breast feeding. Says the Formula milk is better, end of.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Truthme said:

Check my first post where I listed a number of ways they are being injured. There have also been studies in the US showing that children who are forced to wear masks for many hours a day are suffering brain damage and lowered IQ's due to lack of oxygen to developing brains. Many children are also lacking in normal speech development because they cannot see other peoples faces as they speak. Not to mention the large and growing number of children developing blood clots, Myocarditis and other serious heart problems after getting jabbed. These are just some of the ways they are being injured and many more serious adverse effects are expected as time goes on.

not all of what you said is based on complete garbage, but the way you exaggerate it uncontrollably, it becomes one with the rest of your garbage!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Truthme said:

If you really want to make a child sick simply subject them to "sealed travel routes", social distancing , surveys, examinations and constant temperature checks to fill them full of fear and anxiety.

???? Sealed travel routes, social distancing, surveys of children make them sick, fear, anxiety???? 

Wow I come from the country, road wasn't sealed but it was the only way there,  neighbours 3 miles away, do remember some sort of surveys on radio school, lots of stupid questions, Mum used to put her hand on my forehead regularly too.  Had a monster under my brothers bed too, scared the s..t out of me.

Crap do you think I died years ago and no bugga told me.

Sorry by this report is incomplete. Was an autopsy done and did these children have underlying conditions? We’re they healthy? I’ve seen some Thai children living on sugary junk foods because the parents are too lazy to cook for them. This is not just happening in Thailand. I don’t accept there’s a need to vaccinate healthy children. 

• Like 1

Unless theres a significant difference in standard of living with thai children vs others I think this article may just be because they are about to announce vaccinating younger than 5 years old ,

if we look at the ons data from the UK from January 2020 to May 2021 on children under  5 years old we see the official death figures and bear in mind officially we had a lot more cases than Thailand has ever  had

The deaths were 1 who was between 3-4 years old and 2 under 1 years old, obviously they aren't able to release data on the medical conditions they had. 

But just how many are the "half of children" mentioned in this article? It can't be many so this article is misleading and based on well according the article zero actual factual data.

9 hours ago, Janneman said:

So speaks a denier. Every child that dies from Covid is a tragedy no matter how few especially if they are of an age where they can be vaccinated and protected from severe disease. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

This doesn’t make sense. The end of Songkran was just one week ago. It’s highly unlikely that anyone who contracted the virus during the Songkran holiday would have developed symptom so bad that they then died, all within 7-10 days. This indicates that case numbers among the elderly and vulnerable were already significantly rising prior to Songkran and it’s those people who have since gone on to die. 

Absolute rubbish did you even read the article? They said they are concerned about the number of deaths the are expecting not that have happened and they pointed out that Thailand is already the eighth highest country for the number of deaths. It makes perfect sense. Just because you deny the fact that covid kills both healthy people as well as unhealthy people, especially the unvaccinated, doesn't change the reality that it does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

not all of what you said is based on complete garbage, but the way you exaggerate it uncontrollably, it becomes one with the rest of your garbage!

Not all of what he says just 99.99% of it is... 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:
1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

Absolute rubbish did you even read the article? They said they are concerned about the number of deaths the are expecting not that have happened and they pointed out that Thailand is already the eighth highest country for the number of deaths. It makes perfect sense. Just because you deny the fact that covid kills both healthy people as well as unhealthy people, especially the unvaccinated, doesn't change the reality that it does. 

Bit harsh those word Tim! No I didn’t read the full article as I I quoted the exact words used in the Thaiger article. It was that I posted about. It reads (read for yourself above)

Meanwhile, the number of deaths from Covid-19 surged following the Songkran holiday, according to a Chulalongkorn University lecturer. 

They surged following the Songkran Holiday. Those are the words in the Thaiger article above on this page. So please, how it that Absolute Rubbish? So if this doesn’t tie in with the main article, then have a go at the Thaiger, not me. I’m not in the habit of checking the accuracy of the Thaiger report before I comment on Thaiger articles. 

And where have I ever denied Covid kills healthy people??  When have I ever denied any such thing?  Are you confusing me with someone else? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Giltee said:

Sorry by this report is incomplete. Was an autopsy done and did these children have underlying conditions? We’re they healthy? I’ve seen some Thai children living on sugary junk foods because the parents are too lazy to cook for them. This is not just happening in Thailand. I don’t accept there’s a need to vaccinate healthy children. 

You think a kid died because he was so unhealthy from eating junk food?

You people have a screw loose.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

I’m not in the habit of checking the accuracy of the Thaiger report before I comment on Thaiger articles. 

Well, I have learned to check for holes in the stories.

This article is a fine example of the how to generate anxiety based on sweet FA. No mention of the number of children who died OF covid, not WITH covid. No comparison with other countries and I just love the 8th worse number in the world based on a single and no doubt highly transient 24 hour period. 

Very dishonest reporting and I'm sure the vaccine companies are pleased. 

• Like 1