News Forum - Thailand drops all pre and on-arrival testing, banks on a tourist surge after May 1

Thaiger

12 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Don't know how it works as I never asked my friend when he extended. But sounds like you got lucky. BTW. Did you come with a 30 day air ticket and then changed it afterwards to extend? CM Imm probably didn't think to look or more than likely care to look. It is the long year extensions they ask and look at everything in my experience. Stay as long as your PBB heart desires. We only live once and sounds like you are having fun.

I came on Nov 2021 on TP and did the overnight in BKK and flew to CM next day

Always come with one way tix---no visa-----get the 30 at swampy--extend in CM and got 2 covid exts

going for the 3rd covid ext before may 24.....paid for 30 days ins policy.....guess ive been lucky for 12 yrs

• Like 1

Will the new changes (due to come into effect on May 1) only be formally announced once they are laid out in the Royal Gazette? If so, is anyone aware of what day of the week is the aforementioned document published? Thank you 🙏

On 4/24/2022 at 5:59 AM, rc1 said:

This article was incorrect.

Vaccinated arrivals - no testing at all required ( only recommended if you have symptoms)

Unvaccinated arrivals - no quarantine if show a negative pre arrival PCR.

Fully vaccinated = 2 doses. 

Unvaccinated: NO QUARANTINE? Only negative pre-arrival PCR?

Where can one find this? and from when?

11 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I came on Nov 2021 on TP and did the overnight in BKK and flew to CM next day

Always come with one way tix---no visa-----get the 30 at swampy--extend in CM and got 2 covid exts

going for the 3rd covid ext before may 24.....paid for 30 days ins policy.....guess ive been lucky for 12 yrs

Yep! But luck may always run with you. Some folk are like that.

my philosophy on the subject is to not bother going anywhere with any restrictions whatsoever. If everyone had the same attitude then the restrictions get removed quicker. Don’t ask what hoops to jump through, ask why you need to jump through them at all. It’s obvious now from the release of information around the world that being unvaccinated probably puts you in a better position than those who conformed and signed up to the experimental potion.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DateMike said:

Will the new changes (due to come into effect on May 1) only be formally announced once they are laid out in the Royal Gazette? If so, is anyone aware of what day of the week is the aforementioned document published? Thank you 🙏

They can be published at anytime. In the past they tend to do it 2 days before with immediate effect rather than publishing early with an effective date. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JJJ said:

They can be published at anytime. In the past they tend to do it 2 days before with immediate effect rather than publishing early with an effective date. 

15 hours ago, DateMike said:

If you check the Thailand Pass site they’ll begin accepting applications on April 29 at midnight so they’ll publish it late on the 28th. 

Why one might ask wouldn’t they do it sooner? Because they really don’t care about tourists or people re-entering Thailand.  Instead we have another week lost where people won’t buy tickets. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yep! But luck may always run with you. Some folk are like that.

I chalk it up to my being so Hansum--is why that crazy gals stalks me and all the massage grannies wave at me everyday on my bike ride......also I havent gotten covid(yet)...(rubs amulet) (if I was wearing one)

Heres one! So..I see the same massage girls daily on my usual route which of course includes Loy kroh for my daily ego boost..turn right at the end by mae ping hotel aka happy massage road...the first shop on the left was a cute gal...i would ring my bell and she would smile(at the beginning)--fast forward I see her on tinder and swipe right to see if she bites....we match! and she mentions seeing me on my bike daily-----and then of course the "scam"..she "needs" rent money for her room rent(old scam)...also its last sat night at 1am!..I decided to play the player..so I say sure! im happy to give u 5000 bt!  She wants to come over and get it $$

She gets lost --even after sending links and google maps--(ugh) so its now about 3am..shes in my room and wants me to transfer the money via phone--I say i dont use phone to bank and can go to KSK tomorrow to transfer $$$..she sleeps in my bed...FF..she wakes me up early sunday morning---I say i will have to transfer and we can go see her "room" and I will talk to the manager--she doesnt like this...I tell her i can give her the 5000 --in 10--500 bt installments..and what do I get for the 5000???....She whips off her clothes and say to "finish my mission" quick as shes using google translate all along(naturally)...i pass---any loy kroh massage girl that gets oout of clothes that fast is a flag to me--I decline my mission---she eventually leaves and not happy she has no cash and stayed the night and she did have a nice body sans clothes--21 yrs old

SO-----I go check her story--i go to massage shop last week to see if its really her Auntie---and ask her where she is...jed yod!!!...now she a waitress--or so she Auntie says.....i considered going to jed yod and find this apt she showed me as i used to live in area......Anyhoo  the gal ghosted me on Line after promising she would visit ever day after i give her 5000---lol.....Ive been iin LOS long enough to know most of the scams

Today--im biking my usual route on a hot as H*ll day and guess who i see!!?? Its the scam gal! 555 Back at Aunties shop!  I stopped my bike and say well well well....She totally ignores me..(of course) wont even look at me sitting right there--shes playing on phone pron looking for a new sucker....wont look or speak to me as if im not even there-----lol------I was almost tempted to say I wanted a foot massage from her!    lol

Lesson being dont mess with Hansum Scorpios!    Check..Mate!   Feeling the Karma love today!

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:38 PM, Guevara said:

I think you have summed it up precisely. As to whether you are as thick as a brick, make your own mind up 555. Completely off topic Jethro Tull released an album in the 70's entitled 'Thick as a Brick'.

Good song

On 4/23/2022 at 11:57 PM, Marc26 said:

Thailand should keep the insurance

If someone is too cheap to pony up 2000baht for 60 days insurance, you probably don't want that tourist coming to your country 

So it's a good barometer 

Crazy to travel without insurance

14 hours ago, Mazz11 said:

Crazy to travel without insurance

Ive been doing it for a decade--but of course im crazy--and still around!