News Forum - Thailand drops all pre and on-arrival testing, banks on a tourist surge after May 1

Thaiger

27 minutes ago, DateMike said:

I apologise if this question has been raised prior but wanted to check if starting May 1, tourists can move around freely and travel within Thailand. i was hoping to come for just under a fortnight and wanted to visit Bangkok and Phuket but before i booked my tickets, wanted to be sure there would be no unforeseen issues. Thanks

Travelers can roam around freely now

As long as they go through T&G or Sandbox 

34 minutes ago, DateMike said:

I apologise if this question has been raised prior but wanted to check if starting May 1, tourists can move around freely and travel within Thailand. i was hoping to come for just under a fortnight and wanted to visit Bangkok and Phuket but before i booked my tickets, wanted to be sure there would be no unforeseen issues. Thanks

Starting May 1st there is no T&G or Sandbox if you are fully vaccinated. Even now, once you have cleared either of the above, you can roam freely. From May 1st and fully vaccinated, you will arrive and can go anywhere you wish. No testing on arrival. No one night quarantine. Basically, nothing assuming you met all the Thailand pass requirements in advance of travel to the country. Enjoy your trip 👍🏻

• Like 3

Hello,

If the Thailand pass portal is suspended and opens only on April 29th, how do the travellers landing on May 1st supposed to get the pass? Will applying on April 29th be enough?

5 hours ago, Akshay said:

Hello,

If the Thailand pass portal is suspended and opens only on April 29th, how do the travellers landing on May 1st supposed to get the pass? Will applying on April 29th be enough?

It's not suspended.
If you apply before Apr 29th, then you must meet the conditions currently in force.
Applying Apr29th for arrival May 1st is cutting it fine IMO.

• Like 1

At long last. Better late than never. But expecting not a spike in tourists coming in on a short term during the low season is illusional. But this step saves the business for winter/new year.

18 hours ago, Soidog said:

I can’t answer that definitively, though logic would dictate that a booster is required. I think a related question would be, how long since you had the booster does it count as being fully vaccinated? No more than 6 months? Or 12 months? 

And would a documented recovery count as a booster too?

Just been through all of that, got infected on 7.4., antigen showed negative since Easter Monday, a PCR-Test on Wednesday showed positive, so there was a certain level of discomfort when I boarded the plane to Thailand on Friday. Luckily tested negative yesterday, so all is good.

Still, as much as I welcome the abolishment of T&G/Sandbox, insisting on keeping the Thai Pass is in my eyes a mistake. Only very few countries (other than Thailand I cannot think about any other country) are requesting something similar. So is Thailand outsmarting the rest of the world or is it other way around?

3 hours ago, Faz said:

It's not suspended.
If you apply before Apr 29th, then you must meet the conditions currently in force.
Applying Apr29th for arrival May 1st is cutting it fine IMO.

"Applying Apr29th for arrival May 1st is cutting it fine IMO."

Very fine. Give it at least 3-5 in case of anything needed to be rectified. Your application might even be rejected for being so short-term.

does anyone know how far in advance can you apply for the thai pass?if im say coming in oct this year can i apply in june ?or is there a limt on getting it in advance?

23 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

News Forum - Thailand drops all pre and on-arrival testing

Well according to BP reporting this is a BS statement ….. on arrival testing still required ….

For arrivals by land, foreign visitors who intend to stay no longer than three days must be fully vaccinated and pass self-antigen tests.

Otherwise, they cannot enter the country. For visitors who intend to stay longer, fully vaccinated travellers will not be quarantined if they pass antigen tests, while those who are unvaccinated would be quarantined for five days.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2298946/thailand-to-fully-re-open

This article was incorrect.

Vaccinated arrivals - no testing at all required ( only recommended if you have symptoms)

Unvaccinated arrivals - no quarantine if show a negative pre arrival PCR.

Fully vaccinated = 2 doses. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fundok said:

So is Thailand outsmarting the rest of the world or is it other way around?

Anyone want to take a bet on this ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Why all this delay in cancelling Thailand Pass completely International Tourists need certainty and ease of entry into Thailand as before the pandemic.  

• Like 2

Just checked the Thailand Pass Registration website. And this is what I found for Land crossing....Do take note that there is a tricky grey area. The fully vaccinated is still a grey area.....it could be interpret as Vaccination + Booster as in some Asian countries without booster it is not considered as fully vaccinated.......Anyway no point in rushing now. Things will eventually unfold during the 1st week of May. Better to delay the travel by 2 weeks as the schools will be re-opened by then and less locals will be traveling for vacation

Registration on Thailand Pass for travelers entering Thailand from 1 May 2022 under new entry measures will be opened from 29 April 2022 onwards (00.01 hrs Thailand time).

From 1 May 2022, travelers entering Thailand by land will be subject to new entry measures, as follows;

1. Passport Holders :

- Register on Thailand Pass

- Attach required documents including passport, certificate of vaccination, and AQ hotel accommodation confirmation for 5 days (for non-Thais who are not fully vaccinated, and Thai nationals who are not fully vacccinated and wish to undergo quarantine at AQ hotel)

- Attach proof of insurance with at least 10,000 USD coverage for medical treatments in Thailand (for non-Thais)

- If fully vaccinated, undergo Self-ATK test upon arrival in Thailand. If negative, you are permitted to enter Thailand. If positive, you have to undergo treatments or your entry into Thailand will be denied

- If not fully vaccinated, undergo quarantine for 5 days at AQ hotel, SQ accommodation (for Thai nationals) or other accommodations as stipulated by relevant authorities

2. Border Pass Holders :

- Do not have to register on Thailand Pass

- Do not need proof of insurance

- Must be fully vaccinated only

- Undergo Self-ATK test upon arrival in Thailand. If negative, you are permitted to enter Thailand. If positive, you have to undergo treatments or your entry into Thailand will be denied

- Travel is permitted only in the area as stipulated by the agreements between the two countries.

- Your stay in Thailand must not exceed 3 days (2 nights).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Just checked the Thailand Pass Registration website.

Which as reported by the BP is mirrored here for land crossing into Thailand. And as your information is from the Government Pass site looks like this is the gospel information.

1 hour ago, rc1 said:

This article was incorrect.

It seems not. 

35 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Which as reported by the BP is mirrored here for land crossing into Thailand. And as your information is from the Government Pass site looks like this is the gospel information.

It seems not. 

47 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Just checked the Thailand Pass Registration website. And this is what I found for Land crossing....Do take note that there is a tricky grey area. The fully vaccinated is still a grey area.....it could be interpret as Vaccination + Booster as in some Asian countries without booster it is not considered as fully vaccinated.......Anyway no point in rushing now. Things will eventually unfold during the 1st week of May. Better to delay the travel by 2 weeks as the schools will be re-opened by then and less locals will be traveling for vacation

Registration on Thailand Pass for travelers entering Thailand from 1 May 2022 under new entry measures will be opened from 29 April 2022 onwards (00.01 hrs Thailand time).

From 1 May 2022, travelers entering Thailand by land will be subject to new entry measures, as follows;

1. Passport Holders :

- Register on Thailand Pass

- Attach required documents including passport, certificate of vaccination, and AQ hotel accommodation confirmation for 5 days (for non-Thais who are not fully vaccinated, and Thai nationals who are not fully vacccinated and wish to undergo quarantine at AQ hotel)

- Attach proof of insurance with at least 10,000 USD coverage for medical treatments in Thailand (for non-Thais)

- If fully vaccinated, undergo Self-ATK test upon arrival in Thailand. If negative, you are permitted to enter Thailand. If positive, you have to undergo treatments or your entry into Thailand will be denied

- If not fully vaccinated, undergo quarantine for 5 days at AQ hotel, SQ accommodation (for Thai nationals) or other accommodations as stipulated by relevant authorities

2. Border Pass Holders :

- Do not have to register on Thailand Pass

- Do not need proof of insurance

- Must be fully vaccinated only

- Undergo Self-ATK test upon arrival in Thailand. If negative, you are permitted to enter Thailand. If positive, you have to undergo treatments or your entry into Thailand will be denied

- Travel is permitted only in the area as stipulated by the agreements between the two countries.

- Your stay in Thailand must not exceed 3 days (2 nights).

This seems to apply to land border crossings only, right. 

How does a self atk test on arrival work?

This won't be workable at land border crossings..

As you say probably best to delay land border entry for another couple of weeks... 

• Like 2

not clearly indicated if those on OA retire visa with compulsory health insurance of 3 million coverage is still required to purchase the 10000 USD covid insurance once they go.out and return to thailand with re entry permit! 

On 4/23/2022 at 10:57 PM, Marc26 said:

So it's a good barometer 

And whether it stays or goes will also be a good barometer about tourism and the fickle thais

On 4/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, HolyCowCm said:

My friends was just here for a few months and his insurance only was about $75 USD. Maybe for the year is close to $400 but that still is ok even for 1 year to stay here.

ive been here 5 months and plan on a few more and only paid for 30 days Ins policy--never been asked as ive done 3 exts at Cm immig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2022 at 3:41 PM, Soidog said:

I can’t answer that definitively, though logic would dictate that a booster is required. I think a related question would be, how long since you had the booster does it count as being fully vaccinated? No more than 6 months? Or 12 months? 

no booster required, not sure where sis u get that

11 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

ive been here 5 months and plan on a few more and only paid for 30 days Ins policy--never been asked as ive done 3 exts at Cm immig

Don't know how it works as I never asked my friend when he extended. But sounds like you got lucky. BTW. Did you come with a 30 day air ticket and then changed it afterwards to extend? CM Imm probably didn't think to look or more than likely care to look. It is the long year extensions they ask and look at everything in my experience. Stay as long as your PBB heart desires. We only live once and sounds like you are having fun.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, francoa said:

no booster required, not sure where sis u get that

Only that I thought for the TP you needed to show you were vaccinated within the previous 6 months (not 100% sure of that). If that’s correct and with most people having received their second vaccination by the middle to end of 2021, then that 6 months will be up for most people. If they haven’t specified a time period then that’s great. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:54 AM, tezzaaa said:

They can always wait patiently for the tourist surge.. It is not going to happen, who is going to pay €400 + for a scam insurance that doesn't even cover you if you happen to be asymptomatic..

Just cost me 1900 baht for 4 months of Covid cover valued at 700,000, so at the new $10k level it should get cheaper, it’s not a hinderance now really