News Forum - Former Phuket prison to transform into spooky tourist attraction

Thaiger

An old Phuket prison no longer housing inmates is now set to become a spooky tourist attraction, providing visitors with a “Twilight Zone” experience. Phuket Prison was built in Phuket Town about 120 years ago, and Phuket officials now plan to turn it into a ‘live museum’ to teach both tourists and locals about its history. In addition to the fun new tourism experience, the prison will also become a site for training inmates in vocational skills, according to the director of the Chanthaburi Prison, Krisana Thipayachon. Krisana said at a press conference yesterday that the prisoners will get training […]

The story Former Phuket prison to transform into spooky tourist attraction as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

An old Phuket prison no longer housing inmates is now set to become a spooky tourist attraction,

Wasn’t it also a COVID19 hospital? But can’t say that as who would want to tour that …. Spooky Prison sounds better.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2162483/old-phuket-prison-new-field-hospital

1 minute ago, Manu said:

That's what I call recycling...

Or are they hoping to recycle the ex patients as new tourists 😉

• Like 1

Id def pay to explore--love abandoned places--i saw the eastern state penn in PA..cool!

Ive been saying for months to open the ladies prison in CNX for tours--cash is king!!!!!

as its a cash cow just sitting boarded up in the middle of a tourist town....i tried to sneak in

20 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Id def pay to explore--love abandoned places--i saw the eastern state penn in PA..cool!

Ive been saying for months to open the ladies prison in CNX for tours--cash is king!!!!!

as its a cash cow just sitting boarded up in the middle of a tourist town....i tried to sneak in

It used to be open years ago. Old city down the street from 3 Kings. Correct? Me and the family went in one time after closed up as they allowed people to go in and view the grounds and the abandoned cells. I think I heard it will be prime ground to be sold and developed. It was sort of kind of cool to see. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

It used to be open years ago. Old city down the street from 3 Kings. Correct? Me and the family went in one time after closed up as they allowed people to go in and view the grounds and the abandoned cells. I think I heard it will be prime ground to be sold and developed. It was sort of kind of cool to see. 

they have it all boarded up with steel fencing....its all gritty looking and super cool n creepy-spooky tours!