News Forum - BREAKING: Thailand drops PCR test on arrival, no SHA hotel, ATK test ‘optional’

Thaiger

5 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

They think thailand pass is soooo functional and easy😵. It's going to continue to kill the tourism.

It’s not hard actually makes it easier as they already know your status on arrival 👍

• Like 1

I have the same problem I am arriving on 3 may.  If I do my Thai pass  say 24 th April then you are cutting it tight ??  Surely if you are arriving after the 1 st may  you should not have to book a pcr test  or sha hotel.  Costing you 150 euros??      Anybody can advise???

34 minutes ago, Billiy said:

I have the same problem I am arriving on 3 may.  If I do my Thai pass  say 24 th April then you are cutting it tight ??  Surely if you are arriving after the 1 st may  you should not have to book a pcr test  or sha hotel.  Costing you 150 euros??      Anybody can advise???

You have to meet the requirements applicable on the day of application for the TP (not the date of arrival).

If you want to enter under the new as yet unconfirmed entry requirements, then you need to wait for official confirmation and apply May 1st under the new entry requirements.

• Like 1

All the people here still complaining about the Thai Pass need to grow up. Under these new rules the Thai pass will be one just like the DPD required for entering Australia or one of the many other online advanced declarations that have been set up by dozens of countries around the world over the last few years. The end result is it will make entering the country easier and faster than it was in the past. As lo g as you don't have undeclared contraband in your bags and you have done your TP online before your flight you will go straight through at the airport and be done faster. 

6 hours ago, Ben_Tallchief said:

Can I fly in Chiang Mai from Singapore no worries or do i have to go via BKK ? Thanks.

You'll be pleased to know Ben that you can fly direct to Chiang Mai from Singapore. We have planned to fly from UK with Singapore Airlines and the connection direct to CM is with SCOOT Airlines (part of Singapore Airlines).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

Look at Chiang Mai airports arrivals. Can you see Singapore? 

Alternatively and more realistic is contact Singapore Airlines direct. You can also look on Sky Scanner though I'd go for the former, couldn't be more helpful.

• Like 1

I expected this would happen, but not long before July when tourism tends to pick up; until then, I assumed a continuation of the reluctance to take risks, and more specifically a wait & see approach to the effects of Songkran. 

It's nice to be wrong (pending a royal gazette announcement), but I'd be interested to learn what triggered the remarkable change of strategy to be now.

Edit: I just realized my expectation stems from January, and that it's now just about ~2 months until July. Still, (other) ideas about the breakthrough are welcome.

Edited by Chatogaster
sense of time
  • Like 1

I just checked the Thailand Pass website. Registration under the new rules will be open on April 29. For those planning to arrive on May 1 or 2, this is tight. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harry1 said:

the problem with government websites they never work properly

The DO work properly …. Exactly the way the Thai Government has designed them to work. ….. (read six letter word here). 

If the “ Covid Emergency” ends 1 June, with Covid declared “ endemic”, Thai Pass (and Covid Extension) should end then too. It’s all connected.

Just present Intl Covid Vax Cert. with Passport at Airline & Imm.

No idea how Unvaxxed Idiots are handled. How can they even fly ?

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

14 hours ago, DJM said:

I have really missed Thailand over the past 2 years, but I did not want to make use of any of the previous entry options (Test & Go, Sandbox, quarantine etc.).

But hey, THIS is really my good-to-go signal and I don't see why I should wait any longer. 

See you VERY soon, Thailand! 

I've been thinking the same thing.  This looks no worse than how it used to be to go to Hawaii last summer.

8 hours ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

I've been thinking the same thing.  This looks no worse than how it used to be to go to Hawaii last summer.

They may have removed most of the entry restrictions but not the ones on nightlife and the type of fun many came to Thailand for. In Phuket the Police every night is driving by all bars with flashing lights chasing every bar closed at 23:00. The government is using Covid as an additional tool in its hell-bent effort to eradicate the seedy part of Thailand tourism that made this country a very popular destination. Don't come unless you enjoy going home every night at midnight.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, olliric said:

They may have removed most of the entry restrictions but not the ones on nightlife and the type of fun many came to Thailand for. In Phuket the Police every night is driving by all bars with flashing lights chasing every bar closed at 23:00. The government is using Covid as an additional tool in its hell-bent effort to eradicate the seedy part of Thailand tourism that made this country a very popular destination. Don't come unless you enjoy going home every night at midnight.

We'll be coming with two kids under 10, so no concerns about being home by midnight.  Already bought my air tix.