News Forum - BREAKING: Thailand drops PCR test on arrival, no SHA hotel, ATK test ‘optional’

Thaiger

Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has just announced major changes to the county’s Test & Go program, part of the broader Thailand Pass. International travellers will no longer need to take a PCR test on arrival. The requirement to book an SHA+ hotel as part of the Test & Go entry scheme is also abolished under today’s CCSA decision. The removal of the PCR test for vaccinated travellers is the big headline for today’s changes whilst the CCSA will still recommend an ATK test on the fifth day and expect travellers to monitor their health whilst in Thailand. Insurance […]

The story BREAKING: Thailand drops PCR test on arrival, no SHA hotel, ATK test ‘optional’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

As I expected the Thailand Pass will persist. It does make things easier for the officials at the entry point since it confirms the vaccination and insurance status. Inconvenience is on the traveller's side. And it is just an inconvenience if the Pass can be obtained with minimal fuss on the website.

The surprise is the removal of PCR on arrival with no requirement for a replacement rapid test (the day 5 test is a joke, imo).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, M.O. said:

As I expected the Thailand Pass will persist.

Of course it will, as the only guaranteed way of the Thai Government scamming money from tourists with the COVID19 insurance scam. 

• Like 2

let's wait for July 1st, when the expected number of visitors will not match their delusional expectations

and things can change a million times in between,

rushing to Thailand now is still a risky proposition

Edited by butterfly
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ben_Tallchief said:

Can I fly in Chiang Mai from Singapore no worries or do i have to go via BKK ? Thanks.

Look at Chiang Mai airports arrivals. Can you see Singapore? 

18 minutes ago, butterfly said:

and things can change a million times in between,

I wouldn't be surprised if they scraped TP and replaced it with an "easier" platform which, as usual, result in twice the information and documents required 😂.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, M.O. said:

It does make things easier for the officials at the entry point since it confirms the vaccination and insurance status.

vaccination and insurance certificate status can easily be verified at point of departure and entry in less then a minute. why continue tying up time and effort by all parties  with the glitch ridden thailand pass. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap TP and replace it with an "easier" platform which, as usual, result in twice the information and documents required 😂.

to be expected for sure, why make things for tourism easy when you can mess it all up 🤣

that just reveals their underlying mentality and state of mind IMO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Look at Chiang Mai airports arrivals. Can you see Singapore? 

You miss my point, are these new rules valid in every airport in Thailand ?

So what do I do if I'm arriving in Phuket on 1st May?

Do I still apply now for Test & Go Thailand Pass and pay for PCR test, SHA+ hotel & transport even though it won't be needed when I arrive?

If I wait for new Thailand Pass rules to become official and then apply, will it be a problem if it's not approved before my arrival?

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has just announced major changes to the county’s Test & Go program, part of the broader Thailand Pass. International travellers will no longer need to take a PCR test on arrival. The requirement to book an SHA+ hotel as part of the Test & Go entry scheme is also abolished under today’s CCSA decision. The removal of the PCR test for vaccinated travellers is the big headline for today’s changes whilst the CCSA will still recommend an ATK test on the fifth day and expect travellers to monitor their health whilst in Thailand. Insurance […]

The story BREAKING: Thailand drops PCR test on arrival, no SHA hotel, ATK test ‘optional’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Nice.

Self optional  test = no testing required in reality.

This is a step forward for sure. 

Positive news. Showing some firm leadership for once. Next step the pass, which is not needed to be honest.

One fly in the ointment, what do they accept as fully vaccinated? I remember that you had to have the jabs within a certain time frame at one time, is this still in the rules? As many in the west will have been jabbed even three times a long time ago.

Do I still apply now for Test & Go Thailand Pass and pay for PCR test, SHA+ hotel & transport even though it won't be needed when I arrive?

If I wait for new Thailand Pass rules to become official and then apply before my departure, will it be a problem if it's not approved before my arrival?

1 minute ago, BDiver said:

If I wait for new Thailand Pass rules to become official and then apply before my departure, will it be a problem if it's not approved before my arrival?

Wait for it to be Gazetted.

You don't need to apply until 24th onwards so see what happens.

I have really missed Thailand over the past 2 years, but I did not want to make use of any of the previous entry options (Test & Go, Sandbox, quarantine etc.).

But hey, THIS is really my good-to-go signal and I don't see why I should wait any longer. 

See you VERY soon, Thailand! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BDiver said:

It‘s likely, that you can‘t apply for the Thailand Pass under the new conditions before May 1.

It‘s sure, that your airline won‘t let you board without a Thailand Pass.

1 hour ago, Ben_Tallchief said:

You miss my point, are these new rules valid in every airport in Thailand ?

Yes. Valid for entering at any border.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

They think thailand pass is soooo functional and easy😵. It's going to continue to kill the tourism.

the problem with government websites they never work properly

• Like 2

Now they just need to take it one step further and make the Thailand Pass optional and link it to fast track lanes at immigration. Sorry, was that too sensible? 

• Like 2

Based on the page of applying the thailand pass. The new scheme will only start from 01 May 2022 but applying for this scheme will start only from April 29 onwards. The thing is if your arrival date is within the first week of May you must apply your thailand pass at least 7days. Question now is. If you will apply for the current thailand pass and have an approval for it, at the time you arrive from 01 May, are you really required to Stay 1 night and do PCR or the stay for 1 night and PCR (you need to follow the Thailand Pass given before) becomes automatically optional?