News Forum - Thailand’s tourism council hopes to see more Chinese arrivals in October

Thaiger

56 minutes ago, Mamachigawa said:

There is slim chance of Xi backing off covid-zero before the CCCP 20th Party National conference in Autumn 2022. With harsh lockdowns and extreme quarantines for returning Chinese residents we do not anticipate  any big  increase of China tourists until about a year from now, if ever. 

If true, that would be excellent news. 

1 hour ago, Mamachigawa said:

There is slim chance of Xi backing off covid-zero before the CCCP 20th Party National conference in Autumn 2022. With harsh lockdowns and extreme quarantines for returning Chinese residents we do not anticipate  any big  increase of China tourists until about a year from now, if ever. 

Anticipation. No-one anticipated the Titanic would sink either. 😀

• Haha 2

On 4/26/2022 at 5:36 AM, Pinetree said:

If true, that would be excellent news. 

Do you take into consideration those who lost incomes and have nothing else to return to?

Never before seen large groups of homeless in tourist areas of Phuket Chiang Mai and Pattaya, waiting in the morning for food handouts. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 11:50 PM, Pinetree said:

You know, I really do worry about some people's total lack of logical thought and reasoning ability.  

So you are using a condo to debate about Nations?  Good one mate. 

Do you realize that people living in the same apartment building have more in common then people living in the same country but separated by thousands kilometers who never ever will see each other?

How can I possibly be "collectively responsible" for war crimes committed by people who have nothing in common with me? Just because we are the citizens of the same country?

What about you and all the thugs, rapists, and murderers who live in your country? Do you try to tell me that there are no people like that in your country? And if there are then do you feel something in common with them? Enough to be "collectively responsible" for their crime?

Why do we have police detectives who investigate each crime and try to find the exact people guilty of the crime? Why not just execute 100 people of the "guilty" neighborhood in the scope of the "collective responsibility"?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

Do you take into consideration those who lost incomes and have nothing else to return to?

Never before seen large groups of homeless in tourist areas of Phuket Chiang Mai and Pattaya, waiting in the morning for food handouts. 

That is a massive distortion of the situation here in LOS. They are not dependent on the Chinese alone. If they are then they are in the wrong line of work. For many years Pattaya  and other tourist areas thrived when the Chinese were locked up in their cantons, where indeed they need to remain now. 

8 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

Do you realize that people living in the same apartment building have more in common then people living in the same country but separated by thousands kilometers who never ever will see each other?

How can I possibly be "collectively responsible" for war crimes committed by people who have nothing in common with me? Just because we are the citizens of the same country?

What about you and all the thugs, rapists, and murderers who live in your country? Do you try to tell me that there are no people like that in your country? And if there are then do you feel something in common with them? Enough to be "collectively responsible" for their crime?

Why do we have police detectives who investigate each crime and try to find the exact people guilty of the crime? Why not just execute 100 people of the "guilty" neighborhood in the scope of the "collective responsibility"?

A totally illogical and irrelevant argument. 

13 hours ago, Pinetree said:

A totally illogical and irrelevant argument. 

So, are you responsible for all crimes committed by thugs of your nation?

It is absolutely the same: they are the citizens of the same country and they speak the same language. 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2022 at 11:35 AM, Pinetree said:

That is a massive distortion of the situation here in LOS. They are not dependent on the Chinese alone. If they are then they are in the wrong line of work. For many years Pattaya  and other tourist areas thrived when the Chinese were locked up in their cantons, where indeed they need to remain now. 

They are not dependent alone on Chinese but at some point  Thailand did everything possible to drive those who have been visiting Thailand for many years out and focus heavily on them.  Now Chinese are not coming back for many years.  Time to refocus

Edited by Mamachigawa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

They are not dependent alone on Chinese but at some point  Thailand did everything possible to drive those who have been visiting Thailand for many years out and focus heavily on them.  Now Chinese are not coming back for many years.  Time to refocus

Big deal. CCP enslaved. The rest of the really free world will be there for Thailand just as before when it was us who originally put them on the popular map to begin with. My wife with her restaurant could care less as same as myself. In CM we have the long stay Chinese or Chinese kid students with mom already staying here that is enough already. I think they are good Chinese folk for the most part. I'm, me and my family are enjoying the queit until they really are unshackled to move feely again. Everything and people included is moderation. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 6:10 PM, Poolie said:

Anticipation. No-one anticipated the Titanic would sink either. 😀

Really?  The regulations at the time required the Titanic to have capacity for no more that 1060 in lifeboats. Titanic exceeded the requirement by 11% with a capacity of 1178. * On the contrary, it was a failure by the  regulating authority to  consider the operating environment and had nothing to do with an assumption that the Titanic was "unsinkable". One of the most annoying myths that attaches to the Titanic.    In respect to China origin tourists, TAT has  failed to consider the reality of China. Today its Shanghai, but tomorrow it could be Guandong.  China won't be opening its doors for quite some time. 

http://www.titanicinquiry.org/BOTInq/BOTReport/BOTRepBOT.php

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vigo said:

In respect to China origin tourists, TAT has  failed to consider the reality of China. Today its Shanghai, but tomorrow it could be Guandong.  China won't be opening its doors for quite some time. 

Godo to hear your prediction,

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

Really?  The regulations at the time required the Titanic to have capacity for no more that 1060 in lifeboats. Titanic exceeded the requirement by 11% with a capacity of 1178. * On the contrary, it was a failure by the  regulating authority to  consider the operating environment and had nothing to do with an assumption that the Titanic was "unsinkable". One of the most annoying myths that attaches to the Titanic.    In respect to China origin tourists, TAT has  failed to consider the reality of China. Today its Shanghai, but tomorrow it could be Guandong.  China won't be opening its doors for quite some time. 

http://www.titanicinquiry.org/BOTInq/BOTReport/BOTRepBOT.php

Ok then, everybody anticipated the Titanic would sink. Satisfied? Glad you're happy.

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

Really?  The regulations at the time required the Titanic to have capacity for no more that 1060 in lifeboats. Titanic exceeded the requirement by 11% with a capacity of 1178.

Really? The keyword was anticipated, not complied with regulations. They clearly did not anticipate that the Titanic would sink or they would have had sufficient lifeboats. 

The ship had 20 lifeboats that, in total, could accommodate 1,178 people, little over half of the 2,223 on board the night it sank. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeboats_of_the_Titanic

https://titanicfacts.net/titanic-lifeboats/

On 4/26/2022 at 3:39 PM, Mamachigawa said:

With harsh lockdowns and extreme quarantines for returning Chinese residents we do not anticipate  any big  increase of China tourists until about a year from now, if ever. 

Huuh, if that would be the case, plus with Russians too, I'll start believing in god! 🙊

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2022 at 3:52 PM, Tim_Melb said:

I think I will stick with a free press rather than a a CCP propaganda sheet. 

"free press"? You mean the "free press" in the West sponsored by Cocal Cola, Nestle, Pfizer etc... (or like they say on TV nowadays "brought to you by..."), funded by Bill Gates (https://www.newsclick.in/saint-bill-pumped-319-million-access-gates-media-report) and which all mainstream outlets are owned by oligarchs??? How naive...