News Forum - Police allegedly selling dodgy “special tickets” allowing Burmese to stay in Thailand

Thaiger

Four police officers from the main city Samut Sakhon Police Station, south west of central Bangkok, were dismissed from their positions after being reported for allegedly selling “special tickets” to trafficked Burmese migrants. The tickets required Burmese migrant workers to pay a monthly fee of 500 baht and carry the tickets everywhere to avoid arrest. On April 19, Thai media reported on the Facebook page, The EXIT Thaipbs, that they received information about the special tickets from the Burmese migrants living in Samut Sakhon. The page said Burmese people in the area called it “500 baht tickets” because they had […]

The story Police allegedly selling dodgy “special tickets” allowing Burmese to stay in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I wonder if there is an overcrowded police station some where in Thailand where all police employees that are under investigation are send to???

39 minutes ago, RichardR said:

I wonder if there is an overcrowded police station some where in Thailand where all police employees that are under investigation are send to???

Yep just down the road from me.

They  "transferred" one some years back and he has now returned, promoted (has a new pip on his shoulder board) and running around making all his old connections, apparently will not do police work unless there is a envelope up front, only that envelope has to be fatter now.

11 minutes ago, palooka said:

Yep just down the road from me.

They  "transferred" one some years back and he has now returned, promoted (has a new pip on his shoulder board) and running around making all his old connections, apparently will not do police work unless there is a envelope up front, only that envelope has to be fatter now.

So report him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

So report him.

They did before, that's why they transferred him. Too many friends I'm thinking or deep pockets.

5 minutes ago, palooka said:

They did before, that's why they transferred him. Too many friends I'm thinking or deep pockets.

So report him again.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Poolie said:

So report him again.

Be a bit like hitting your head against a brick wall to get rid of a headache.

Been told some people are very upset that he came back, so maybe something different this time around.

The superintendent of the main city Samut Sakhon Police Station announced that he was ready to stand down from his position and is willing to be questioned.

Big misunderstanding, language error---thay are tickets to the Policemans Ball.

Makes a change from immigration officers selling visas. Roll up Roll up, 18,000 baht gets you an annual retirement extension. Simply incredible. 

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Four police officers from the main city Samut Sakhon Police Station, south west of central Bangkok, were dismissed from their positions after being reported for allegedly selling “special tickets” to trafficked Burmese migrants. The tickets required Burmese migrant workers to pay a monthly fee of 500 baht and carry the tickets everywhere to avoid arrest. On April 19, Thai media reported on the Facebook page, The EXIT Thaipbs, that they received information about the special tickets from the Burmese migrants living in Samut Sakhon. The page said Burmese people in the area called it “500 baht tickets” because they had […]

The story Police allegedly selling dodgy “special tickets” allowing Burmese to stay in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

creative

I did a visa run to mae sai--burma border years ago

Many police checkpoints coming back---i see a burmese hand off baht to a cops who palms it as i always sit in back row on local bus.......the NEXT stop the dude got pulled off

SO--the first cops gets paid--THEN calls in to the next station to pull the dude that just paid her

Amazing thailand...true story--sadly