News Forum - Village chief kills thief who stole his chickens

Thaiger

A village headman shot and killed a thief who allegedly stole his chickens at around 6am this morning in Songkhla province, southern Thailand. The shooter said the man was threatening him with a machete so he shot him three times in the chest out of self-defence. Police are speaking with eyewitnesses to determine what happened. When police arrived at the scene, 36 year old Nappakao (surname withheld) was lying dead on the ground next to a cowshed. The shooter, Wirot (surname withheld) was standing at the scene holding a 9mm pistol. A machete was found lying next to Nappakao’s body. […]

The story Village chief kills thief who stole his chickens as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

First of all, why is he carrying a gun with himself ..???

I guess he had withness the thief and walked out to thread the guy. But it's not a reasonable point to shoot that poor man ! Really not! If it was a self defense... I dont know man! 

He could have shoot in the air or in to the floor, so that thief would surely lay his weapon down.

That was an overreacting for sure! He should go to jail!! Stupid

Edited by piyanat

11 minutes ago, piyanat said:

He could have shoot in the air or in to the floor, so that thief would surely lay his weapon down.

Nice assumption there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Nice assumption there.

I would lay my machete if someone stands several meters infront of me. 

10 minutes ago, piyanat said:

I would lay my machete if someone stands several meters infront of me. 

Then as a thief why would you be holding a machete and trespassing on another person's property then if you're going to lay it down so easily?

The Headsman of my village also has a firearm at his house as do many Headsmen as they are entitled to by law. As for firing into the air you assume the thief was going to be reasonable but why ?  if the thief has seen the firearm and still doesn't drop the machete I think the threat level is pretty high against the owner so self defence is plausible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, piyanat said:

I guess he had withness the thief and walked out to thread the guy. But it's not a reasonable point to shoot that poor man ! Really not! If it was a self defense... I dont know man! 

That was an overreacting for sure! He should go to jail!! Stupid

Over reacting, disproportionate ??? Maybe. Difficult to say without having been there. But just imagine this was not the first time the owner got robbed, and with all the drugs and violence present in today's Thailand one can not take any more chances.

• Like 2

"Police said they will speak to eyewitnesses to assess whether the murder was really an act of self-defence or not"

Not possible that a murder is self defense.

Writer should have used word like "homicide" or "killing" instead of murder  which is a crime.

And the suspect trying to steal a chicken worth less than 100 baht, and prepared to kill someone with a machete over this. Yep, this thief was probably high at the time also.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, Rookiescot said:

Did the machete belong to the thief?

Well if it’s got his fingerprints all over it then I guess it probably did.