Hotel association survey shows average occupancy at around 6%

Thaiger

A survey carried out by the Thai Hotels Association shows that average occupancy for June is not expected to increase from the 6% seen in May. In a further blow to the hotel industry, TTR Weekly reports that occupancy in alternative state quarantine facilities is predicted to fall to 10%, down from 13% last month. THA president, Marisa Sukosol Nunbhakdi, says the survey was conducted in May, with 234 hotels around the country taking part. While “hospitels” – hotels that accommodate Covid-19 patients with mild or no symptoms – are seeing higher occupancy, revenue has still taken a hit compared […]

The post Hotel association survey shows average occupancy at around 6% appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6% is hardly surprising. The Hotel I frequent in Chiang Mai closed the day we left in March last year and has remained closed since then.

The Hotel/Resort we frequent in Koh Samui did similar and both establishments assure me that all their staff are fully vaccinated and whilst Koh Samui are cautiously on the starting blocks to reopen, CM aren't holding their collective breaths.

In the meantime, I have been in the garden practicing jumping through hoops in anticipation of given the green light when I can start all the required documentation to leave my Country and enter Thailand.

• Haha 2

But, but....TAT predicted millions. We will wait for their blame game. There is always something or somebody they can blame for their failures. The government is famous for find somebody to blame 

• Cool 1