News Forum - Ghost demands 20k baht from Thai man who destroyed spirit house, claims monk

Thaiger

A Thai man from Chon Buri province claims a vengeful spirit possessed his body and forced him to attempt suicide on two occasions. A Buddhist monk communicated with the spirit in the early hours of this morning and apparently the ghost wants the man to rectify a crime he committed 19 years ago by repaying 20,000 baht and by ordaining as a monk. The ghost told the monk that when the man was a forest ranger, he stole 70,000 baht from a wooden spirit house before destroying it. The man confirmed he committed the crime and is trying to meet […]

The story Ghost demands 20k baht from Thai man who destroyed spirit house, claims monk as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Two billion (plus) Christians around the world believe that their 'Saviour's' mother, a teen hottie, got knocked up by a ghost. And, Christians symbolically chug his blood and munch on his flesh come Sundays because he died and then got better for them. If they'll believe that, why not believe that a Spirit wants 20 Grand back? And, a new, no-salary gardener?

Alternatively, could this simply be a new, cool, and cost-effective way to get a divorce AND sympathy AND 20 Grand? Seriously, if you wanted to get away from your wife and family, why not arrange a... er... ahem... 'donation' with a senior monk instead of paying a lawyer and judge? It'd be cheaper, right?

By the way...

"Teerayut found 70,000 baht in a cloth bag inside the spirit house and took it, then smashed the spirit house in the hope there was more money hidden inside it."

What precisely was that 70 Grand doing in the Spirit House in the first place? I bet that there is a fascinating answer to that. Hmm... The 'Spirit', entering a bank in order to help the less fortunate, stumbled on a cloth bag and, out of great concern for the people who might trip over it, took it back to the Temple and hid it.

Yup, that's what happened.

Edited by Shade_Wilder
Spirit demanded 20,000, a Venti Latte and a scone... please help!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Those damn ghosts are as corrupt as the damn Monks; no, wait???   

Yeah..corruption to the core.....including underworld

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Two billion (plus) Christians around the world believe that their 'Saviour's' mother, a teen hottie, got knocked up by a ghost. And, Christians symbolically chug his blood and munch on his flesh come Sundays because he died and then got better for them.

Happy Easter.    LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

So just to be difficult, the man should get the 20k baht all in 1 baht coins.

Yes. Then leave it one baht short so he has to count it again to be sure! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Seems legit. Perhaps the monk could facilitate the transfer of funds to the ghost?

Leaving no audit trail naturally.

Seems no different to this:
I remember a UK sitcom 'In Loving Memory' (starring Thora Hird) about a funeral director.
In one episode the deceased wanted to be buried with all his cash, to prove 'he could take it with him'.
At the last minute, the undertaker removed the cash from the coffin and replaced it with a cheque.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

So just to be difficult, the man should get the 20k baht all in 1 baht coins.

If its asking for 20k then it must be a female thai ghost.......needs a new iphone maybe

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Two billion (plus) Christians around the world believe that their 'Saviour's' mother, a teen hottie, got knocked up by a ghost. And, Christians symbolically chug his blood and munch on his flesh come Sundays because he died and then got better for them. If they'll believe that, why not believe that a Spirit wants 20 Grand back? And, a new, no-salary gardener?

Alternatively, could this simply be a new, cool, and cost-effective way to get a divorce AND sympathy AND 20 Grand? Seriously, if you wanted to get away from your wife and family, why not arrange a... er... ahem... 'donation' with a senior monk instead of paying a lawyer and judge? It'd be cheaper, right?

By the way...

"Teerayut found 70,000 baht in a cloth bag inside the spirit house and took it, then smashed the spirit house in the hope there was more money hidden inside it."

What precisely was that 70 Grand doing in the Spirit House in the first place? I bet that there is a fascinating answer to that. Hmm... The 'Spirit', entering a bank in order to help the less fortunate, stumbled on a cloth bag and, out of great concern for the people who might trip over it, took it back to the Temple and hid it.

Yup, that's what happened.

Obviously you know nothing about Christianity. May God open your spiritual eyes for the shedding of Jesus' blood to redeem your soul, as an Easter blessing to you. There are things greater than the naked eyes can see.

Of course you will sneer at this as well but please remember it when you are old & sickly, or prematurely face an uncertain eternity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShibaBud said:

Obviously you know nothing about Christianity. May God open your spiritual eyes for the shedding of Jesus' blood to redeem your soul, as an Easter blessing to you. There are things greater than the naked eyes can see.

Of course you will sneer at this as well but please remember it when you are old & sickly, or prematurely face an uncertain eternity.

All I know that Christianity, and many other religions/beliefs, have caused more bloodshed and misery than anything else.

Christianity or Islam or Buddhism or whatever WILL NOT cure cancer, Alzeheimers or other form of death. Maybe make it easier for the recipient to accept it in their own mind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShibaBud said:

I am 'old' already and 'will sneer', as all religions are man-made for those who are scared and need reassurance about their ongoing life, and that death is not the end.

When I die, it's all over. I have no problem with that. Neither do I need something to tell me about 'an uncertain eternity'.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Buddhist monk communicated with the spirit in the early hours of this morning and apparently the ghost wants the man to rectify a crime he committed

maybe this monk wants to join the Portuguese man.  …. This certainly opens the can of religious worms. 

11 hours ago, ShibaBud said:

Ah yes.. threats.

Been to one of these exorcisms. 

Young woman's boyfriend would wake in the middle of the night to find his girlfriend huddled in the shower speaking with a young girls voice saying " I just want to go home".

At the exorcism the monk gave her a drink (????) chanted a few prayers and the young woman started speaking in the young girls voice saying she missed her parents and family and only wanted to go home.

The monk chanted a few more prayers and told the "entity" that she was home now at his temple and was to stay there now. (short story)

She agreed to this and everone was happy, a big bucket of water over the young woman and off home we went.  No night problems now apparently.

(for the trolls and "baggers" of this comment, there is no 'link' to any site regarding this, it's called  "personal experience")

My personal experience was about thirty years ago. I turned up with my very first Thai girlfriend to 'watch a monk praying at a big house' in Bangkok.

The reality of it was something different. There were about twenty people. It appeared to be some sort of exorcism in front of the 'audience'.
The monk was chanting at a young man. After a few minutes the monk put his hand over the young man's mouth and pulled out an egg. Then the monk cracked the egg and a chicken appeared.

I wanted to clap and applaud, it was an excellent sleight of hand, but I was told to be respectful.
After all this my girlfriend told me the young man was now fine, and there were no evil spirits any more.

I had trouble containing myself after this stage-show. My girlfriend of course believed every word that came out of the lying monk's mouth.