News Forum - US mask mandate on public transport lifted following court ruling

Thaiger

15 minutes ago, sprez33 said:

Did you even read that article?  Or just the title?

LOL, I skipped trough it too, noticed a lot of "may" "possibly" type of jargon, nothing definite at all.

I do know of a couple of videos where everyone can see and hear the fabulous Dr Fauci talk directly to the question of the reliability of cloth face masks if anyone would ask me to post them?

32 minutes ago, sprez33 said:

Did you even read that article?  Or just the title?

Yes I read it and I’ve read lots lots more. Of course they talk of probability and maybes etc, but in the end It’s all about risk and there is no doubt mask wearing reduces risk. It doesn’t stop or solve it 100% but it reduces it. We could debate it for years and we won’t agree on an exact number. The reason why this is so difficult to tie down lies with the fact it relies on people. For people to wear the correctly and for them to use the right type of mask. Ones around your mouth only or not tightly fitting like the vast majority people wear do absolutely nothing. Correctly fitted high quality N95 masks that are worn correctly and changed frequently most certainly do. 

Im afraid it’s all a bit late in the day to reignite the mask debate. Virtually all countries mandated or advised it. That was for a very good reason. They reduce the risk of spreading and infecting others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I read it and I’ve read lots lots more. Of course they talk of probability and maybes etc, but in the end It’s all about risk and there is no doubt mask wearing reduces risk. It doesn’t stop or solve it 100% but it reduces it. We could debate it for years and we won’t agree on an exact number. The reason why this is so difficult to tie down lies with the fact it relies on people. For people to wear the correctly and for them to use the right type of mask. Ones around your mouth only or not tightly fitting like the vast majority people wear do absolutely nothing. Correctly fitted high quality N95 masks that are worn correctly and changed frequently most certainly do. 

Im afraid it’s all a bit late in the day to reignite the mask debate. Virtually all countries mandated or advised it. That was for a very good reason. They reduce the risk of spreading and infecting others.

Nicely said. And to add I have no objection to wearing a mask when going into the 7/11 etc, but that didn't stop our local from being shut down for 2 weeks, it just didn't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Luckily for those that feel it is still too dangerous to fly without all onboard in a mask, they can still choose to fly with a carrier that imposes the rule, so far American, Delta, Southwest, United, and Alaska Airlines, are the only ones stating they have dropped it, So just search for one that still imposes it. Or they can allways use other forms of transport, as was often said to those that didn't like the mandates.🙂

Haha

Your side has been whining their balls off that private companies mandating vaccines and masks 

Now all of a sudden you are all about private companies and choices 5555

Which I actually agree with, by the way

But I've been consistent about it from the start 

Your side never is

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Haha

Your side has been whining their balls off that private companies mandating vaccines and masks 

Now all of a sudden you are all about private companies and choices 5555

Which I actually agree with, by the way

But I've been consistent about it from the start 

Your side never is

What's "your side"? We all have different views and opinions on most subjects, I don't have any "side" I have my own view, I am just rejoicing in the fact that those people that used to start fights on planes now cant.👍

12 hours ago, huhuarf said:

Airlines can set their policies so your hope is granted.

Until a swarm of freedumb seekers drag them into court claiming discrimination so the airlines lawyers advise that it’s cheaper to drop those policies. 
Masks are condoms. Don’t use them and accept the risk. Use them and minimize the risk. Your choice. The real question is why aren’t all masks regulated in their protection factor? 

• Like 1