News Forum - Thailand feminists protest Democrat party, demand justice in #MeToo scandal

Thaiger

Thai feminist groups banded together this morning to stage a protest in front of Democrat party headquarters, in the wake of a slew of sexual assault allegations against the party’s former deputy leader, Prinn Panitchpakdi. On Sunday, Bangkok’s South Criminal Court detained Prinn for 3 counts of sexual assault and harassment, before temporarily releasing him on bail with various restrictions. During today’s protest, women danced to the the feminist anthem “Sida Lui Foai” — i.e. “Sida Through Fire” — a reference to how victims of sexual abuse in Thailand are often blamed by the powers that be for the abuse […]

The story Thailand feminists protest Democrat party, demand justice in #MeToo scandal as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This Western poison is trying to influence Thailand also. Maybe it will attract a few Thai feminist women, who will now blindly be a Western useful idiot, but otherwise, I believe the rulership will see through this nonsense. 

58 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

This Western poison is trying to influence Thailand also. Maybe it will attract a few Thai feminist women, who will now blindly be a Western useful idiot, but otherwise, I believe the rulership will see through this nonsense. 

When ure rich, every bitch is come along.. i dont blame every women, but if some woman doesnt get her will, she'll get nasty.. and thats what happen to the politicle public person!

Dude.... i dont like #metoo either... but it has nothing to do with western poisoning thai women.

Some would call it as a "finally rise up" for their rights! For many culture is it still taboo, they do victim shaming and thats wrong! 

I do want ppl to have their right, jut it need evidence right away!

1 hour ago, piyanat said:

When ure rich, every bitch is come along.. i dont blame every women, but if some woman doesnt get her will, she'll get nasty.. and thats what happen to the politicle public person!

Dude.... i dont like #metoo either... but it has nothing to do with western poisoning thai women.

Some would call it as a "finally rise up" for their rights! For many culture is it still taboo, they do victim shaming and thats wrong! 

I do want ppl to have their right, jut it need evidence right away!

I agree with much of what you are saying. All I am saying is that MeToo is one of the weapons the West uses to divide countries. 

There is a silent proxy clandestine fight over Thailand influence between the UK/USA and China. 

Feminism, Anti-royalty and "democracy" are weapons of the West and the women who take this bait are merely useful idiots. 

10 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Jesus Christ - you still banging on that sexual abuse and rape is ‘nonsense’ ? 

Your parents must be so proud of how you turned out. 

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

Jesus Christ - you still banging on that sexual abuse and rape is ‘nonsense’ ? 

Your parents must be so proud of how you turned out. 

Stop distorting my words.  I have made it pretty clear that ACCUSATIONS are just that.. A-C-C-U-S-A-T-I-O-N-S.  MeToo is BASED on accusations and, in most cases mere shaming of the accused without any court case ever coming up.  

The sheer terror effect for any man now that is in a vulnerable situation has tilted the gender picture very much, but the ones who draw benefit of this as a weapon apparently fail to see the long-term consequences of this. 

When someone is INNOCENT and an accusation leads to a sentence; that is as bad as someone being a victim of a crime. In both cases they are VICTIMS. So this is why the principle (at least in Norway) of better letting ten guilty get away than one innocent ending up in jail has so much value. 

This above principle is being mostly sacrificed on the alter og peole with heavy political agendas and their pawns looking to make a dime of it. 

5 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

When someone is INNOCENT and an accusation leads to a sentence; that is as bad as someone being a victim of a crime. In both cases they are VICTIMS

Surely everyone is innocent until proved guilty. The accuser needs evidence, either DNA, forensic or a witness. In the vast majority of cases of rape reported to police, most never get to trial as there simply isn’t the evidence required. Any proper police force and legal system will very quickly find out if a woman is after revenge and if she engages with sex freely. There needs to be much more evidence which is why conviction rates are so low. Most rapes occur in a room with the only two people in the room being the accused and the accuser. 

A major part of the problem with rape is that some men simply will not take NO for an answer. It doesn’t matter if a women comes to your hotel or house of her own free will. It doesn’t matter if she’s drunk and leads a man on. It doesn’t even matter if she gets intimate. If and when at any stage a women says NO then that’s it. No means No! To fail to stop is then when it becomes rape. I don’t buy in to this BS of “I was aroused” or “she wanted sex”. It’s total bollocks and the men who do this are despicable individuals. 

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

Surely everyone is innocent until proved guilty.

Innocent in the eyes of the law, not the public. The permanent damage to reputations caused by such accusations, before court, must be addressed. Read this story reported yesterday in Australia. Ignore the $580,000 compensation being demanded because that has absolutely nothing to do with this. Same as the multiple million pound hush money paid to Guiffre by the Andrew formerly known as Prince was not the prime motivation for Guiffre. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-19/maths-professor-joshua-ross-accused-of-sexual-harassment/101000664

and a prison guard spent months in prison before being found not guilty. That must have been pleasant /s An ex-cop and his wife falsely accused him of rape. The ex-cop walked free from court yesterday after admitting perjury. No doubt the government will have to pay compensation to the accused.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-20/canberra-man-scott-white-spared-jail-in-perjury-case/101000400

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Innocent in the eyes of the law, not the public. The permanent damage to reputations caused by such accusations, before court, must be addressed. Read this story reported yesterday in Australia. Ignore the $580,000 compensation being demanded because that has absolutely nothing to do with this. Same as the multiple million pound hush money paid to Guiffre by the Andrew formerly known as Prince was not the prime motivation for Guiffre. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-19/maths-professor-joshua-ross-accused-of-sexual-harassment/101000664

and a prison guard spent months in prison before being found not guilty. That must have been pleasant /s An ex-cop and his wife falsely accused him of rape. The ex-cop walked free from court yesterday after admitting perjury. No doubt the government will have to pay compensation to the accused.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-20/canberra-man-scott-white-spared-jail-in-perjury-case/101000400

Totally agree. However anonymity for the accused of all crimes has the same issue. It’s the old “no smoke without fire” attitude within society. The teacher who get accused of molesting a student. The accountant accused of cooking the books. The doctor accused of inappropriate behaviour. I’m not sure how you solve any of these issues without a heavy bias against those who have been victims of such crimes.

In the case of rape, what do you do? Heavily fine or imprisonment the person who fails to bring a successful prosecution? All that will do is deter even more people coming forward. Attempting to keep names out of the media today is almost impossible, especially in high profile cases. One thing that should change is for clear cases of false claims. In such cases the person should be jailed for a very long time. The sentence should be as long as a person would get if found guilty of the same crime. A complex and difficult issue that society continues to struggling with. 

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Totally agree. However anonymity for the accused of all crimes has the same issue. It’s the old “no smoke without fire” attitude within society. The teacher who get accused of molesting a student. The accountant accused of cooking the books. The doctor accused of inappropriate behaviour. I’m not sure how you solve any of these issues without a heavy bias against those who have been victims of such crimes.

In the case of rape, what do you do? Heavily fine or imprisonment the person who fails to bring a successful prosecution? All that will do is deter even more people coming forward. Attempting to keep names out of the media today is almost impossible, especially in high profile cases. One thing that should change is for clear cases of false claims. In such cases the person should be jailed for a very long time. The sentence should be as long as a person would get if found guilty of the same crime. A complex and difficult issue that society continues to struggling with. 

Sometimes sex is weaponized and even if the bomb doesn’t hit the target the damage is done. It can be easily foreseen that in the not too distant future we will need consent on video from both people before doing the dirty with a person you just met at a nightclub. And in the distant future video surveillance before, during and after by independent 3rd parties with NDA’s signed by participants and optional reviews. Proving rape without evidence is difficult enough, let alone rape after consent is given. Is trying for 3rd base and not reaching it always sexual assault? 2 of those victims claim he lured them to a restaurant and touched their hands and face. The horror!  The #metoo movement has been a big boon for women however, like all things, it has been abused by some. If we could solve the issue we’d get a Nobel Peace Prize. 

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Sometimes sex is weaponized and even if the bomb doesn’t hit the target the damage is done. It can be easily foreseen that in the not too distant future we will need consent on video from both people before doing the dirty with a person you just met at a nightclub. And in the distant future video surveillance before, during and after by independent 3rd parties with NDA’s signed by participants and optional reviews. Proving rape without evidence is difficult enough, let alone rape after consent is given. Is trying for 3rd base and not reaching it always sexual assault? 2 of those victims claim he lured them to a restaurant and touched their hands and face. The horror!  The #metoo movement has been a big boon for women however, like all things, it has been abused by some. If we could solve the issue we’d get a Nobel Peace Prize. 

Great comments 😂. There is no doubt the world has gone utterly mad on such issues. I read a “news” item yesterday where a guy got something like $450,000 because he was subjected to an office birthday party he had specifically asked not to take place. There was more than that headline to it, but it is getting utterly crazy. Fortunately for me, most of my work is done remotely and mainly via email. On the odd occasion I do need to meet in an office, I treat it like a military surgical strike. I get in and get out as clean and as quickly as possible. I dare not give anyone a compliment referring  to how they look, the clothes they wear or the phone/laptop they are using. It’s simply too risky and could invite complaints of harassment. I think it’s one reason why anonymous social media is often so aggressive and insulting. It’s often the only outlet some people have for the social frustrations and inhibitions of modern life. 

One final thought on your post is that perhaps people can carry a formal contract around with them that the other person signs giving consent for sex. In Thailand you would of course need four signed copies and a copy of your passport or ID card!  In these modern times a QR code on an App you can scan perhaps. Better still, some process similar to the Thailand Pass 😉. That would be a passion killer!