News Forum - Monday Covid Update: 16,994 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

124 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 27,006 with 5,308 of those fatalities since the start of this year. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 16,994 new Covid-19 cases and 25,910 recoveries. There are now 205,514 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 22 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start of the pandemic last year, […]

The story Monday Covid Update: 16,994 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Figures are low cause many Thais aren’t at work , were many are being forced to test imop

Some are traveling and enjoying themselves! While others are staying at home with family and having  small parties!

Thais are  learning to live with omi!

Looking forward to endemic behaviors especially from a govt who cant get their head around covid revenue 

• Like 2

Time to let the population manage there own lives.

People will decide what precautions they need to take in line with their personal situation.  

• Like 3

124 new deaths

Cases going down because Songkran holiday

205,514 people in Thailand are currently being treated for Covid

That doesn't bother people?

Just curious.

52 minutes ago, Nivram said:

124 new deaths

Just curious.

They force you into hospital even if you sneeze. So to answer you. No 

48 minutes ago, Peter-pan said:

Dont sneeze then? I remember getting a lot of space when I sneezed once. I suppressed them since. 😃

6 hours ago, Peter-pan said:

No they don't.

Another myth/false news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nivram said:

124 new deaths

Just curious.

No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

No.

I guess you were answering the question of if it bothers you? Rather than disagreeing with the number being treated? Fair enough. 

10 hours ago, Soidog said:

I guess you were answering the question of if it bothers you? Rather than disagreeing with the number being treated? Fair enough. 

Yes.

Although I also think the numbers are meaningless - apart from deaths. 

14 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Yes.

Although I also think the numbers are meaningless - apart from deaths. 

Agreed. I actually think the deaths is also difficult when it comes to country comparisons due to the definition of Covid deaths. 

• Like 1

Well if my small village is a guide to the big picture there is more to come (unless it's fudged).

Two of my close neighbours houses have just tested positive, 4 in one house 2 in another. Tracked in both cases to recent Songkran visitors, mainly from Bangkok.

A good maskless, shot-sharing, food-sharing, loud music-playing, Karaoke time was had by all.

Saddest part is 2 young parents now separated in a local field hospital without their 3 children, and one grandmother sick and positive as of today.

And the icing on the covid cake seems to be it's also the season for house blessings and new monk celebrations.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Well if my small village is a guide to the big picture there is more to come (unless it's fudged).

Two of my close neighbours houses have just tested positive, 4 in one house 2 in another. Tracked in both cases to recent Songkran visitors, mainly from Bangkok.

A good maskless, shot-sharing, food-sharing, loud music-playing, Karaoke time was had by all.

Saddest part is 2 young parents now separated in a local field hospital without their 3 children, and one grandmother sick and positive as of today.

And the icing on the covid cake seems to be it's also the season for house blessings and new monk celebrations.

Happy Holidays!

We all know that the Covid case numbers are understated....maybe by a factor of 10.

I know over 30 people who have had Covid and only one felt unwell enough to visit hospital. She is in the official numbers, the others are not. They stayed at home (mainly with coughs and sneezes)  until they tested negative - usually 5/6 days.

The vast majority of people with Omicron are very mild cases. The vast majority of people requiring ICU, or dying, have comorbidities and/or were not vaccinated. 

It is reported that the main spread of Covid is from small non-family groups sharing food and drink etc ie the typical Songkran get together. It is a time for protecting/shielding the vulnerable whilst getting on with life and living with Covid. There has never been a better time for developing herd immunity.

• Like 1