News Forum - Thailand to propose Mango Sticky Rice to UNESCO after Thai Rapper performs at Coachella

Thaiger

Thailand’s Cultural Promotion Department is preparing to propose the famous local Mango Stick Rice dessert as another ‘UNESCO intangible cultural heritage’ after a Thai rapper promoted the dish during her performance at the international concert Coachella. The 19 year old female Thai rapper, Danupa “Milli” Kanateerakul, was invited to join the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2022 in California by the multinational company 88rising yesterday at 8am (Thai time). She was the very first Thai artist to perform on the stage, putting her hashtag #MILLILiveatCoachella on the top of Thai Twitter. At the end of the performance, Milli brought […]

The story Thailand to purpose Mango Sticky Rice to UNESCO after Thai Rapper performs at Coachella as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Edited by Smithydog
Title typo fixed

...i did eat mango today--but i was months ahead of the sheeple....im a trailblazer ya'll!!!

like and subscribe or else!

• Haha 2

Love the stuff - used to eat it nearly every day when I first started coming here but had to stop when I put on about 10kg in a month! Very fattening.

The Californians must have wondered what the f**k she was going on about! 🤔

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Love the stuff - used to eat it nearly every day when I first started coming here but had to stop when I put on about 10kg in a month! Very fattening.

The Californians must have wondered what the f**k she was going on about! 🤔

She was a bit nuts!

Decided loves Thailand   5555

It has been a very big part of Thai culture for decades  , myself and everyone i have known both tourists and thai have been eating it for the 50 years i have been going 

1 hour ago, artray said:

It has been a very big part of Thai culture for decades

But over the last two COVID19 years seams that all the Mango sticky rice carts have disappeared … not enough Thais to support the culture ….